- Within Accenture Technology Labs, the Research and Development team mission encompasses:
- The research of application of innovative technology in the Industrial Internet Space, to be applied to client within a 1-2 year timeframe
- The development of innovative concepts, prototypes and pilots with high business relevance for our clients.
- The commercialization of the innovative assets, leading to first-time pilots
- The presentation of the assets during workshops.
- The development of Accenture IP.
- Spearhead Industrial Internet and its application in digital mining & plant automation and act as a vocal technology evangelist
- Define business cases and collaborate with account teams to effectively position key assets
- Lead the development and delivery of industrial Internet solutions to clients
- Create and expand internal and external client relationships
- Lead , coach and direct team members
- Collaborate with other technical team within the Labs
- The Senior Manager might be requested to work from client location, away from his home office, for extended period of time.
- General Master or Ph. D degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience (researching/developing/architecting robust systems using C, C++, Java, or similar)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a client facing role (technical expert, sales, business development, or similar)
- Minimum 2 year experience leading teams deploying real world systems
- Strong R&D experience and consulting experience is a big plus
- A track record to create business applications out of new technologies
- Understanding of technical architectures and the current state of the technology market in fields such as cloud computing, big data, analytics, web development, or similar
- Lead, coordination or participation in organizations and teams
- R&D track record to bring innovative ideas all the way into business reality
- Consulting skills
- Technical – deep aptitude and proficiency in programming and design techniques (Java / J2EE, .Net platform, LAMP, C# / C++, Web/DB development, design patterns). Understanding of technical architectures and current state of the market in several technology areas. Hands-on experience.
- Communications – strong written and oral communications skills; ability to establish credibility.
- Innovation and/or Entrepreneurial – ownership, initiation and incubation of new ideas and concepts.
- Leadership / Management – lead / coordinate or experience in managing others work efforts.
- Differentiated (but not essential) skills in the following domains would constitute key differentiators:
- Experience with innovation delivery at clients
- Cloud Computing and Distributed data architectures
- Business knowledge of the mining and plant automation is a big plus.
- Experience in managing own project portfolio including visioning, planning, time management, estimation, completion, issue identification & resolution, and status reporting
- Desire to work in an R&D environment.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Base ability to establish credibility with clients and other team members
- Able to exhibit ownership, initiation, and incubation of new ideas and concepts on projects
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote team mates on an ongoing basis
- Excellent Chinese speaker to interact with local clients, suppliers & Accenture personnel
- Excellent English speaker to interact across Labs and promote technology to our global clients and partners
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.