On July 8th 2021, from 15:00 – 16:15 CET the Accenture Pharma Manufacturing Roundtable took place around the topic “Can manufacturing IoT and cloud platforms enable the next big leap in operational performance for Pharma?”
On this page you will find the recording of the panel discussion with key representatives from Pharma manufacturers, technology providers and equipment producers.
Pharma companies are constantly working on improving quality and efficiency of manufacturing operations. Over many years, data from IT systems (e.g. MES, LIMS, QMS) together with various analytical methods and tools have increasingly been used to understand root causes of deviations or inefficiencies and provided insights to come up with improvement measures.
With new digital technologies being available at scale (e.g. real-time data processing, cloud, mobile apps), there are now even more opportunities to access, share and use data to improve manufacturing operations.
We had a lively panel discussion with the following participants:
- Alessandro de Luca, CIO Merck Health Care - Merck Group
- Christian König, Global Head of IT GMS/GQ - Takeda
- Viola Meisterling, Digital Officer HPS & GQ - Boehringer Ingelheim
- Richard Steiner, Global CTC Sales Director Continuous Technologies - GEA
- Jens Wöhlbier, CEO Software - Körber Solutions
- René Zoelfl, Business Development Director - PTC
- Markus Hayek, Global Lead LifeSciene Operations Strategy - Accenture
Discussing and answering the following key questions:
- What are main use cases for IOT and cloud in a manufacturing context?
- What are benefits already seen or expected?
- What experiences have companies made, in piloting and scaling new concepts?
- What are main obstacles to make use of these new technologies?
- And more…
If you are interested in learning more about the topic, do not hesitate to contact one of the listed contacts.