Hello! Are you passionate about design, and how it fits into the big picture? Are you comfortable with the idea of collaborating on a multi-disciplinary team (from Service Design, Business Design, Interaction Design, to Extended Reality)? Do you have the ability to slot into a team, and engage with a creative process, to work together towards great outcomes for interesting clients? Are you an excellent communicator - both presenting and visual communication-wise?
Yes? Good. Then we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU BRING AS A PART OF OUR TEAM
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
- Nurture good client working relationships
- Passion for learning, and knowledge sharing
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Highly innovative and talented colleagues
- A great space to work
- Diverse projects and clients
- Knowledge sharing, learning opportunities, Fjord Evolution Training
- Connection with our global Fjord family
WHAT YOU BRING AS A VISUAL DESIGNER
We’re looking for candidates that have a minimum of 4 years professional experience as a Visual Designer. You’ll have delivered design solutions for a variety of clients – our expectation is that you’ll have experience in interface design, visual communication, and have a portfolio that demonstrates your great work, and your ability to communicate a story.
- A passion for design and people
- Relevant industry experience (we work in a commercial, fast-paced environment – perfect for some, and challenging for others)
- Good storytelling skills
- We’ll be looking for an ability to rationalize your design decisions; a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboard, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, posters, etc.)
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in telling stories through info graphics / information visualization
- Creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with and inspire others
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools
- We expect you to have a knowledge of, and experience with applying human-centered design processes. You may not have lead these activities, but may have participated. We hope you can demonstrate working collaboratively with the humans who will be impacted by the work that you are doing, including:
- User testing around a specific product or problem
- Participating in ethnographic research activities
- Collaborating with your team to effectively communicate and present research findings, conceptual ideas – both verbally and visually
- Understanding the requirements and processes of designing for digital environments and experiences
- Ability to switch between detailed design (imagine designing a detailed User Interface) and strategic design (imagine telling a story that illustrates research findings)
Finally, as a visual designer, your most difficult client is likely to be yourself, so we would love to offer some guidance on what we expect to see in your portfolio.
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE
- Your CV – including relevant experience
- A cover letter – why us, and why you?
- A curated portfolio that includes some of your best pieces of work, including a story about how you created it, for example, your process, what kind of team you were on, your contributions, and how you connected with the humans who would be interacting with your creation in the end.
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- To be fully transparent about our process, it looks like this:
- We pre screen your application – usually 2 members of our design team, including a design director will review it
- Candidates that pass this step will be invited for a phone interview. The goal of the phone interview is to understand a bit more about you, your approach and what you might expect from us as a future team.
- If we are all feeling great after that, we would invite you to meet us in person. We would aim for you to meet some of the team, after a more traditional one-on-one interview with a potential peer group and design leadership.
- Then, we will go from there.
If you are interested, please let us know. We are looking forward to seeing your work, and learning about you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Jobs Near You
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Engineering Team Consultant
USA GA - Atlanta
AD9 Workday Data Certified Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.