People in Corporate Functions contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Commercial Directors work with account leadership, client commercial leadership and the Accenture commercial team to:
- Deliver consistent, predictable results
- Meet or exceed Accenture's deal economics through rigorous adherence to commercial disciplines and processes
- Enforce disciplined and proficient management of the commercial aspects of Accenture's contracts to safeguard its revenues, profits and reputation.
Commercial Directors are expected to:
- As a key member of the account leadership team, serve as the primary commercial point-of-contact for account leadership and the client’s senior commercial leadership (e.g., client commercial lead, procurement or sourcing)
- Interact with senior management at Accenture, including Market Unit Directors of Operations, Market Unit CFOs, Client Group leadership, and other Finance leadership.
- Serve as the primary relationship interface for internal and external commercial management functions
- Oversee all commercial aspects of Accenture’s relationship with a client and subcontractors including commercial negotiations, escalations and resolution of other commercial issues
- Lead (build, integrate, and manage) the Accenture commercial team supporting an account team (finance/tax, contract management/legal, HR and commercial operations).
- Provide an analytical focus to enhance commercial performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to all business development activities at the client
- Ensure balanced decision making between sales, delivery and Accenture’s commercial interests to deliver optimal results for both the client and Accenture.
- Establish a governance structure to facilitate proactive management of finance, operation and commercial issues.
- Supervise, develop, and mentor members of the account commercial team who are likely to be located in multiple locations around the world.
Commercial Directors are typically assigned to Diamond Clients, Capital Committee Deals
and SAC Deals
Typically Reports To
- Commercial Director - Area Lead
- SMD - Senior Client Account Director
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 8 years of client facing experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the areas of commercial management: contracts, financial, resources, commercial operations and client relationship management
- Minimum of 6 years of leadership of a commercial entity, program or practice
- Ability to build strong rapport with client C-suite leadership and commercial counterparts based on established common goals and fact-based discussions - while also being principled in negotiations
- Ability to understand and prioritize the commercial issues, establish an overall commercial plan for the account, drive client-focused (both internal and external) behaviors - and ensure follow through and frequent communication with relevant stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the commercial levers of outsourcing and consulting contracts, and how to manage them over time to provide profitability/stability and help grow the account
- Familiarity with Accenture delivery methodologies, limitations, and service delivery capabilities
- Experienced in turning around troubled accounts
Professional Skills required:
- Strong people skills to effectively link the team's responsibilities to the objectives of the commercial team and account, create a challenging and rewarding work environment, and help commercial team members achieve their career aspirations
- Demonstrated ability to direct complex daily activities of multiple work streams, focused on issue resolution, while being an effective communicator/leader simultaneously across market units, business services, an account, and the client
- Professional, confident, and strong leadership presence
- Given the account-wide breadth and depth of responsibilities, develop influence with the remainder of the account leadership team to affect account level strategy and decisions
- Business and Financial Acumen
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.