Media & Analyst Relations Lead – Canada
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Media & Analyst Relations Lead – Canada
Accenture is looking for a dynamic media relations pro to lead the strategy, execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture’s business across Canada, with a particular focus on media in Toronto and Montreal. The role is responsible for generating top tier media coverage in influential, media outlets in support of Accenture’s business objectives, and includes executive positioning programs for our Canadian leaders.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Media Relations for North America, this individual will work closely with the Canada Marketing & Communications Lead to support campaign and message development around important marketing initiatives. The individual will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations and analyst relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for locally relevant stories, and will complement the media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here’s a look at some of your responsibilities.
- Create and lead a Canada media and analyst relations strategy, including identifying key market and geographic themes and providing input to the Canada geographic marketing strategy;
- Drive the media release pipeline, for market- or geographic-relevant research studies and surveys, corporate citizenship activities, inclusion & diversity initiatives, people on the move stories and civic- and community-oriented stories;
- Establish executive positioning platforms for Canada business leads;
- Coach and prepare spokespeople;
- Work with Canada marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media campaigns;
- Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture’s overall position in Canada;
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans;
- Drive the application process for locally important awards and rankings; promote wins;
- Develop channel and/or tactic-specific external messages to support the geographic agenda in the marketplace;
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers with the support of the PR agency;
- Drive efficient programs with our PR agency in key Canadian markets;
- Integrate local media relations plans and activities with other integrated marketing programs led by the Associate Director, Marketing & Communications for Canada;
- Ensure that Canada media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for North America
- Lead industry analyst relations for Canada
- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum of 10 years of media relations and/or combined media and media relations experience, with a focus on professional services or technology sectors
- Minimum of 7 years public relations experience representing professional services or technology clients
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic support and counsel; issues management experience a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (French is an asset)
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership skills—team building, supervision, mentoring.
- Must be based in Accenture office. Minimal travel required (less than 5%).
Professional Skills Requirement:
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deal with abstract concepts, experience with matrixed organizations, and competing deadlines.
- Strong relationships with influential reporters and editors in Canada
- Natural storyteller with ability to connect Accenture capabilities to local news.
- Able to leverage social media to augment and amplify media relations program.
- Broad based business acumen and ability to quickly grasp Accenture’s business strategy.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace; quick thinking with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn about economic and business drives, the technology ecosystem and all aspects of Accenture’s business.
- Able to partner with and influence executives at all levels of the organization through relationship building and executive-level presence.
- Exceptionally detail oriented yet equally flexible and agile. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Innovative/creative problem solving skills.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs of the highest quality possible.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate and collaborate with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 569,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Canada Ontario - St. Catharines
Bilingual Customer Service Associate
Business Process Delivery
Posted 2 days ago
Canada Alberta - Calgary
Project Associate Manager
Posted 2 days ago
Canada New Brunswick - Fredericton
Customer Service Associate
Business Process Delivery
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.