Accenture as a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. Visit us at www.accenture.com
We are an innovation led-company that works at the heart of our clients’ organizations so that no matter how complex the business challenge, we face the future with confidence. If you love solving challenges and not just studying them, then Accenture is the right place for you. Join us to develop your ideas into provocative points of view and transformative insights that help shape industries. You’ll work with an amazing and diverse mix of world-class experts with access to one of the most robust portfolios of capabilities and ecosystem relationships in the industry.
At Accenture, you’ll do so much more than consult. Coming here means future-proofing your career and going as far as your ambition takes you. Becoming a tech-savvy, well-rounded, multi-disciplined and market-relevant advisor doesn’t happen by chance. We invest in training and development in a big way, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you. Ultimately, we believe we is greater than me and that diverse perspectives lead to the best solutions.
Joining Accenture Consulting means you will learn, innovate and lead, and together we will improve the way the world works and lives.
The Mining Industry and Our Team
The Mining industry is experiencing transformational change driven by demographic, consumer, industrial, regulatory and circular economy drivers. Epic market, digital and sustainability disruption is bringing new challenges and opportunities for those ready to seize them.
Mining is a Global Industry Strategy & Consulting advisory practice with 30+ years experience working with leading Mining companies across all industry segments. Our Mining industry team includes more than 1,500 multinational and cross cultural professionals based in prominent locations around the world. Our industry consultants work across all segments of the industry, including all product groups Alumina, Potash, Gold, base metals across the entire value chain from underground, open pit or solution mining to rail and port operations and across the entire life cycle of the operation from FEED study to mine closure.
Our Mining Industry consultants are driving transformational changes that integrate strategy, technology, and people to enable model & process improvements that create value for our clients. We’re working with leading industry clients to drive the CEO growth and Sustainability agenda, transform their Operations and Supply Chains, drive their journey to the Cloud, and much more.
Our team in North America is currently seeking Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers who want to be part of, and drive, these transformational changes that will define the future of the Mining industry.
An experienced consultant who combines deep consulting skills with extensive experience in the Mining or heavy processing industry. You know that the industry is on the brink of profound change, and that epic disruption is bringing new opportunities for those ready to seize them—and you want to be a part of it! You have a substantial and broad methodology background in consulting, so you’re ready to come in and make an impact from day one.
Your not-so-secret talent? Drawing on your combined Mining industry and consulting prowess and innovation-first thinking to guide clients on how they can reinvent their business. You’re also seeking to improve your practice, to apply your practice go-to-market strategy, and to be an integrator of Accenture’s businesses as you help leadership shape projects and deals.
What will you do?
- You will specialize and build deep expertise in one or more of the dynamic and growing areas of Mining Industry and advocate for your relevance in it
- Help Accenture grow profitably at new and current Mining industry clients by designing and carrying out engagements that will help our Clients transform, grow and adapt in an increasingly digital world
- Engage with client executives at the business and functional levels to establish the client’s problem and structure the engagement
- Solve complex, high-value business problems by contributing to and managing cross-functional teams
- Work collaboratively to lead the development and application of cutting-edge analytics and digital solutions to deliver value to our clients
- Confidently communicate engagement results and challenging points of view to Director- and Executive-level clients client stakeholders
- Serve as the trusted go-to advisor for senior clients and as a mentor to your team in building client trust and adapting to clients’ style and needs
- Check in regularly with clients to confirm Accenture is delivering on outcomes and meeting client expectations. Anticipate and offset client concerns, and be ready to have tough conversations with clients—for example, about delivery constraints or not getting needed client inputs.
- Work with Accenture leadership to set the strategic direction for the practice and play a key role in carrying out the strategy
- Proactively participate in recruiting Consultants and Analysts, training them, and developing their careers.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain deep knowledge of Mining industry sectors (e.g., different product groups, mining and processing technologies, operations and or maintenance and reliability etc.)
- Leverage your functional skills and capabilities within the Mining industry, including the but not limited to building leading Strategy, Digital Transformation, Cost Transformation, Operations Maintenance & Reliability , Supply Chain, and Sustainability
- Integrate knowledge of Mining with functional skills and capabilities to drive credibility and value during client engagements
- Cooperatively work within engagement teams and across the organization to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge bases available to deliver high quality analysis and recommendations
- Manage client relationships and providing industry insight and experience across the Mining industry value chain
- Participate in and drive the creation of client proposals
- Contribute to thought leadership
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Business
- Industry knowledge of, and experience in, the Mining or heavy processing industry (Chemicals and/or Energy) and its sectors
- 5-7 years’ experience as a management consultant with a significant portion of the experience focused on the Mining or Chemical/Energy industry
- Project management experience leading large, transformational change programs
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- You have a Master’s degree in Business or advanced degree in Engineering or Science
- You have 2-3 years’ experience working in a Mining/Chemical/Energy company
- You have strong relationships with C-level executives in the industry
- You have specific expertise in corporate or business unit strategy, M&A, or a functional area such as Asset Management & Reliability, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Procurement, Sustainability or R&D
LocationsAlberta - Calgary,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Please be aware that Accenture requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation based on human rights grounds (e.g., medical/disability, religious/creed, other) to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
Canada Ontario - Toronto
Cloud Transformation and Architecture Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 4 days ago
Canada Alberta - Calgary
Midstream Team Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 6 days ago
Canada Quebec - Montreal
Salesforce Functional Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 10 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.