Snowflake Data Architect
Location: Multiple Locations (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal) - Canada
Are you ready to step up and take your technology expertise to the next level?
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary chance to begin a rewarding career at Accenture Technology. Immersed in a digitally-compassionate and innovation-led environment, here is where you can help top clients shift to the NEW using leading-edge technologies on the most ground-breaking projects imaginable. Immerse yourself in a supportive ecosystem that values your individuality and encourages you to innovate, ideate and disrupt. We recognize that it's the diversity of our people that makes us stronger, smarter and more effective as a team.
We are Accenture Cloud First
Accenture is a leader in cloud transformations working with AWS, Azure, Google, and private clouds. The formation of Accenture Cloud First, with a $3 billion investment over three years, demonstrates our commitment to deliver greater value to our clients when they need it most. Our Cloud First multi-service group of more than 70,000 cloud professionals delivers a full stack of integrated cloud capabilities across data, edge, integrated infrastructure and applications, deep ecosystem skills, culture of change along with a deep industry expertise to shape, move, build and operate our clients’ businesses in the cloud. To accelerate our clients’ transformation leveraging cloud, we combine world-class learning and talent development expertise; deep experience in cloud change management; and cloud-ready operating models with a commitment to responsible business by design — with security, data privacy, responsible use of artificial intelligence, sustainability and ethics and compliance built into the fundamental changes Accenture helps companies achieve. Our services cover the full spectrum of client needs, from strategy to service management, device-to-cloud networks, workplace solutions, and more.
Today, more than ever, companies need to operate and compete at an unprecedented speed and scale as industries are reshaping beneath them. This means innovating faster, creating new revenue streams, deriving more insights from data - and from the edge - and interacting differently with their customers, partners, and employees. Choose Accenture and make delivering this kind of innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture’s Cloud First Infrastructure Engineering professionals’ partner with our clients to advise, create, and deploy end-to-end infrastructure transformation solutions, enabling business innovation. These solutions are the backbone of driving IT-enabled differentiation. IE professionals are grounded in New-IT with an expertise in one or more of our core practice areas: Digital Workplace, Network Technology, Service Management, Hybrid Cloud, Public Cloud, and traditional Data Center.
Cloud Data Architect - Snowflake
The Data Architect will work directly with our client’s Director of Data Engineering and will oversee the design and development of the newly implemented Azure led data lake entailing Snowflake. This role will lead a team of Accenture Data Practitioners and our client Data Engineers and Analysts that develops necessary tools to get data into the client data lake easily, create systems that ensure data is well defined and trustworthy, and build enabling pipelines that get the data into the hands of teams that will personalize our products, make more informed decisions, and power our user experiences. You will work across many cross functional teams to ensure the Azure Enterprise data lake is easy to use and meets the needs of AI, ML, Data Science and Data Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects and create high-level design and architecture of the solution, including class, sequence and deployment infrastructure diagrams.
- Take ownership of technical solutions from design and architecture perspective for projects in presales phase as well as on-going projects.
- Prior experience with application delivery using an Onshore/Offshore model
- Experience with gathering end user requirements and writing technical documentation
- Time management and multitasking skills to effectively meet deadlines under time-to-market pressure
- Suggest innovative solutions based on new technologies and latest trends to sales team.
- Review the architectural/ technological solutions for ongoing projects and ensure right choice of solution.
- Work closely with sales team and clients to understand their business, capture requirements, identify pain areas, accordingly, propose an ideal solution and win business.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must have total 15+ yrs. in IT and 3+ years' experience working as a snowflake Data Architect and 8+ years in Data warehouse, ETL, BI projects.
- Must have experience at least two end to end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse and 3 end to end data warehouse implementations on-premise preferably on Oracle.
- Expertise in Snowflake – data modelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, Snowflake Task Orchestration implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
- Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, Zero copy clone, time travel and understand how to use these features
- Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques using Python
- Experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design
- Experience with Azure Cloud data storage and management technologies such as Blob and Event grids
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshoot
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface
- Must have expertise in Azure Cloud Platform as a Service (PAAS).
- Must have experience of Agile development methodologies
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication
- Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect (Desirable).
- Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure, platform and application domains.
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across industries with local and global clients.
- Performance achievement and career mentorship: our performance management process focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to charity work.
LocationsBritish Columbia - Vancouver,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Data Architect Senior Manager
Posted 4 days ago
Data Architect Consultant
Posted 4 days ago
Google Cloud Technology Delivery Lead
Posted 7 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.