Global Industry Marketing Lead, Insurance
Play a key role in the Strategy & Consulting (S&C) Industry Networks and Programs Marketing + Communications (M+C) team.
If you are:
• Knowledgeable and interested in the global insurance industry, especially the changes it is undergoing and the transformative impact of technology;
• An accomplished strategic marketer who is skilled, in particular, at developing compelling content and using digital channels;
• A strong leader and collaborator who knows how to get the best out of teams and individuals across a large, matrix organization;
• A dynamic professional who thrives on change and innovation;
• An analytical thinker who uses data comfortably to evaluate and plan campaigns;
… then this could be the job for you. The Global Insurance Marketing Lead role puts you in the team planning and driving the success of our fast-growing Insurance practice. You get to work closely with the business leads, as well as many cross-industry marketers, to conceive, develop and execute innovative marketing strategies that maintain our dominant awareness, reinforce our positioning in the market, create compelling experiences for our clients, and support opportunity development and sales.
If this prospect appeals to you, and if you are a strong leader who enjoys managing responsibility in a fast-paced environment – one that is helping reshape the industry for the betterment of society – then this could be the next big step in your career.
Work with industry and marketing leaders to set strategic direction and goals and lead the development of thought leadership.
Define and shape integrated, global, high-impact marketing campaigns that that are locally relevant – and can be customized to be more so. These campaigns should raise awareness of Accenture, achieve a dominant share of voice, position and differentiate the practice in a compelling way, provide clients with the thought leadership they value in formats and via channels which they prefer, build strong relationships with these clients, and help the business create and secure sales opportunities.
1. Plan and execute a thought leadership program that helps meet your marketing goals. Develop and publish compelling, differentiated content, in all relevant formats, that meets a high professional standard, is consistent with and draws on Accenture’s central content, and drives your marketing effort lower down the sales funnel.
2. Work with Accenture Research to ensure all insurance research reflects the status of the industry and the needs and priorities of the business. Collaborate with cross-industry teams to maximize the inclusion of insurance in their research studies.
3. Plan and execute an events strategy that takes advantage of global and national insurance-specific client events and sponsorships, in collaboration with local marketing teams. Work with these teams to maximize the participation of their clients in these events.
Capitalize on all available formats and channels (particularly digital, and including social and search) to achieve maximum campaign impact and cost efficiency while providing clients with an optimal experience.
4. Work with Insurance business leads and subject-matter experts, and the Insurance media specialist, to ensure a steady flow of positive media coverage in tier-one and industry publications. Help evaluate, coach, position and pitch your leads as iconic spokespeople with national and local media.
5. Follow and understand the insurance industry by reading about it, speaking to Accenture Insurance leads and subject-matter experts, and conducting and analyzing market, competitor and other research.
6. Collaborate across the Accenture ecosystem (teams from other Accenture services and geographies) to always bring the best of Accenture to our clients in a consistent, integrated way.
7. Structure and manage all marketing campaigns in such a way as to ensure they are measurable. Take advantage of the insights gained from these and earlier campaigns to optimize our client experiences, and maximize impact by continuously testing and learning.
8. Work with the Delivery Excellence Campaign Management team to provide briefs, strategies, and budgets for go-to-market execution. Identify the KPIs by which campaigns will be measured and set impact goals for each campaign. Provide consistent, comparable, timely reports.
9. Collaborate with the marketing teams of our insurtech ecosystem partners to design and implement joint campaigns in support of our alliance go-to-market efforts.
10. Lead the Global Insurance Marketing team, creating a compelling vision for them and helping them develop through coaching, mentoring and setting an example.
Work closely with the Insurance and FS marketers worldwide to understand the needs of their local business, help them meet those needs, and gain their support in driving your campaigns through to their local clients.
11. Equip, enable and encourage internal stakeholders to deeply understand and clearly and consistently articulate Accenture’s value proposition for Insurance clients. Plan and implement an ongoing internal communications campaign that keeps them informed about all available content and where it can be accessed, as well as any other relevant information (e.g. webinars, appointments, etc.), and encourages them to use it effectively.
12. Connect and collaborate with peers across Accenture M&C to discover and share best practices, and to incorporate them into your marketing campaigns.
1) Bachelor's Degree or other four-year university degree or equivalent.
2) Minimum 10 years’ of marketing experience leading, designing and implementing marketing programs for a given target market.
3) Minimum 5 years of experience in the insurance industry with a focus on property, casualty and life.
1) Experience in health insurance and reinsurance would be bonus.
2) FinTech experience preferred
3) Minimum 3 years of People management/general leadership experience
Professional Skills Requirement:
1) Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 569,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.