Job: Software Application - Cloud Tech Support/Desktop Analyst
Location: Ottawa, ON
Local Technology Support (LTS) professionals execute repeatable core business processes and/or technical transactions with a focus on efficiency, first-time quality and overall continuous process improvement.
Customer Service professionals build on a customer-centric service strategy to deliver foundational organization, business process, and technology capabilities required to deliver an optimal customer service.
The Technology Support: Local (LTS) Canada Desktop Support associate reports directly to the LTS Canada / Ottawa Lead and the Canada GU-ITI Lead and has the following responsibilities:
- Provide workstation support services to personnel situated in the Ottawa GS and HDS Offices
- Assist a specific New Joiner Team in supporting large New Joiner Orientation sessions (US/Canada combined) using chat support via teams/Outlook Shared Mailbox and remote support tools (Log Me In Rescue)
- Develop and maintain proficiency in CIO standard tools, including (but not limited to) incident (Service Now) and asset tracking (FNMS) systems, and software and hardware upgrade methodologies.
- Support the life cycle of the workstation infrastructure to include installations, implementations, operations and support, service and decommissioning of all specified desktop, laptop and telephony elements.
- Work to minimize the impact of service disruption to customers and clients during outage situations.
- Interact with customers and leadership in order to understand their needs and maintain business relationships.
- Work to ensure that corporate workstation standards are maintained.
- Work to ensure that standard Accenture asset management procedures are followed.
- Interface with vendors and internal/external groups in order to support the workstation environment.
- Create documentation outlining specific workstation management processes/procedures.
- Participate in workstation-related projects/initiatives.
- Standard work hours of 08:00 to 5:00 or 9:00 – 6:00 typically apply. However, a flexible working attitude is required when considering critical milestones within project delivery.
- Periodic Overtime might be required
- Office based. Travel to other locations is rare but may be required from time to time.
- 2-5 Years demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems.
- 2-5 Years demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- 2-5 Years demonstrated working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware from multiple vendors (HP, Dell, etc.).
- 1-2 Years of experience in a Customer-Service related role
- Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Asset Management techniques.
- Basic knowledge of operating system/software deployment tools, such as Microsoft SCCM.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven, excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in challenging situations.
- Willingness to work overtime and varying hours as required.
- Ability to multi-task and balance workload in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to balance quality of work with task completion.
- Ability and desire to build additional technical skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.