Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career
Why join Accenture’s security practice?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture’s security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 7000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Cyber Transformation and Advisory professionals develop and deliver solutions for organizations to gain visibility of security events within their environment. Build new or develop existing event correlation, reporting and remediation capabilities based on advanced monitoring use cases, external threat intelligence, and known traffic patterns. Identity new or develop existing data integration points to build a security data warehouse for the purpose of exploratory analytics. A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
• Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals. Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
• Has some latitude in decision-making.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
• Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Our managers assist clients with the identification and evaluation of holistic security gaps with a focus on the infrastructure and business applications layer. They also anticipate security requirements and identify sound security controls for applications, systems, processes and organizations. Our senior managers can easily work with non-security teams to integrate security controls on projects.
We are currently looking for a Manager for our Accenture’s Security practice with prior experience in the following areas: Cyber Security Operations, Security Monitoring & Analytics, Incident Response, compliance, heavy infrastructure security skills including SIEM, Log Management, Network Security & Monitoring, Security Monitoring & incident response, large data set processing, visualization, and forensics skills.
Key Responsibilities may include:
• Monitor security events for large enterprise clients
• Develop a comprehensive SIEM and Security Analytics architecture to support real-time security monitoring operations
• Build and implement reporting and visualizations to inform and assist clients' incident response teams and security managers
• Communicate with all levels of clients, follow methodologies, and create/present clear, concise deliverables
• Demonstrate expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling
• Security event analysis and intrusion detection (IDS/IPS Incident response - triage, incident analysis, remediation)
• Demonstrate technical expertise with infrastructure architecture design/implementation and management.
• Troubleshoot and configure networking devices, various platforms, and database, Windows and/or UNIX system administration
• Security Operations Center Procedures and Processes
• Experience with SIEM and log management products: HP-ArcSight, Q-Radar, Splunk, RSA Security Analytics, Nitro and other leading SIEM products
• Develop processes and procedures around security event management
- 5+ years working with cyber operations and analytics tools, performing deployment, configuration, and maintaining operations
- 3+ years working with Windows operating systems and command line tools, network protocols, TCP/IP
- 3+ years working with network-based services and client/server applications
- 3+ years working with intrusion detection systems (e.g., snort) and tools (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark)
- 3 + years managing teams and delivering engagements
- Familiarity across a broad range of security vendors, product capabilities and solutions
- Industry recognized Professional Security certification (eg CISSP, CISM)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global SI is highly desired
- PMP preferred
- In possession of, or able to qualify for, Canadian security clearance strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 100%, but more typically Monday through Thursday at client locations as required.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in leading teams and contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative and long-lasting relationships at all levels within Accenture and our clients
- Able to meet requirements for retaining professional security certifications
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
LocationsOntario - Ottawa,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.