AWS Security Senior Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Why join Accenture’s Security team?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture’s Security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that we can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
CLOUD SECURITY strengthens clients’ ability to detect, prevent, and respond to security threats as they transform, migrate, or build native solutions to/in the cloud. The Accenture’s Security team is looking for talented, high performing individual to lead the AWS Security Practice in the Canada region as part of our larger Cloud & Infrastructure and Security practice.
This role demands overseeing the day-to-day practice operations while ensuring AWS solutions delivered meets and exceeds the client expectation. The successful candidate should have the capacity to strategically influence business and technology partners to deliver complex digital transformation solutions across the region.
The role requires that you can manage the technical, financial, and program management demands of a project including but not limited to:
- People leadership
- Solutions Architecture Workshops
- Internal Financial Reporting of Project Posture
- Project Timeline Development and Execution
Although no two days at Accenture are the same, your duties as AWS Security Senior Manager likely will include:
- Lead and grow Accenture AWS Security practice and capabilities as a part of the security leadership team.
- Responsible for leading and developing teams, mentoring junior members, enriching cloud assets and accelerators for the Canadian market
- Work closely with technology partners to onboard new service offerings and technology capabilities
- Working directly with clients and Accenture teams in a multi-disciplined team structure, designing and implementing cloud solutions across a variety of vendors
- Assisting Accenture Leadership in business development activities such as client proposals, thought leadership and participation at industry events
- Building knowledge capital through research and development and leveraging industry insights to deliver best of breed expertise to clients.
- Helping grow Accenture’s security practice across North America through thought leadership and entrepreneurialism
- Leading client engagements and providing subject matter expertise to clients and engagement teams
- Developing deep working relationships with senior executives across Accenture account teams and at clients.
- Responsible for large-scale delivery and managing complex digital transformational projects
- Oversee the design of cloud and microservices security architecture
- Ensuring that final design addresses identified threats and countermeasures during threat modeling
- Mix of security sales and delivery expertise in Cloud security with ability to cross sell into other security practice areas
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in AWS cloud security, including designing and architecting solutions based on client requirements
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects
- Strong experience in AWS Cloud Security Architecture & Microservices Security (e.g. Amazon GuardDuty, AWS SecurityHub, Amazon Macie, Amazon Detective, Amazon Access Analyzer, Amazon Inspector, AWS WAF, AWS Network Firewall)
- Minimum 3 years working experience on infrastructure and microservices security assessments and/or architecture design, preferably for payment applications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in consulting and implementation of AWS cloud solutions across various service areas/groups.
- Able to recommend and differentiate between cloud vendor offerings, with special emphasis on AWS Security native offerings and how they rank against market offerings.
- Strong ability to lay down a high-level cloud infrastructure security architecture, outlining logical and technical security architecture components
- Comfortable using M.S Visio to chart different types of diagrams.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- In possession of, or able to qualify for, Canadian security clearance required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, CIS/MIS, Engineering)
- Industry recognized professional Security certification preferred (CISSP, CISM)
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Project Management (Minimum 2+ years)
- Experience managing delivery of multiple projects with different deadlines effectively for customer facing environments/workloads (minimum +2 years)
LocationsBritish Columbia - Vancouver,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Managed Security Services - Digital Identity Manager
Posted 9 days ago
Security Consulting Consultant - Digital Identity
Posted 9 days ago
Application Security Consultant
Posted 12 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.