- Provide input into, and shape strategic decisions, which impact Accenture’s Go to Market approach for the Industry X business, including conducting portfolio level risk reviews and developing risk mitigation strategies (contractual, operational and technical) across multiple jurisdictions;
- Manage a team of direct Legal reports;
- Lead cross-functional project teams (internal and external counsel) on complex, nuanced initiatives to produce high quality outcomes;
- Play a key role in escalations and Accenture’s overall governance and risk management policies & processes;
- Develop and roll out training to increase the industry acumen of Legal, and Sales & Delivery teams; and
- Utilize excellent networking and collaboration skills to cascade insights to the wider Legal organization.
- Shape Offerings & Solutions: Conduct assessments and provide recommendations and tools that mitigate risks while helping shape innovative commercial models in compliance with government frameworks, policies and processes and internal policies;
- Regulatory Compliance: Work with Accenture’s regulatory and compliance counsel to synthesize and apply regulatory and compliance advice, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes potentially impacting the Business;
- Client Opportunity: Provide contracting tools such as guidance and templates to Business and Legal teams to enable their day-to-day contracting. You will support relevant approvals and escalations;
- Problem Projects & Delivery Issues: Support the Accenture Quality & Risk organization, litigation team and Business in the development of remediation strategies;
- Responsible Business: Work with other teams and participate in initiatives to create frameworks related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues;
- Thought Leadership: Collaborate with the Business and Legal in shaping commercial and regulatory environments through support of thought leadership activities;
- V&A: Support Accenture’s Ventures & Acquisitions Business and Legal leadership in evaluating prospective acquisition targets, development of PMI strategy and divestiture activity;
- Strategic Alliance & Partnerships: Shape new third-party strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via vendor and resale/agency transactions; and
- Business Operations Projects: Adjust Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate the requirements of the Business.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law
- Minimum of 10 years' legal experience in advising on the development and launch of new innovative technology products, from ideation through to go to market.
- Support of cutting-edge technologies particularly in industry. Experience of digital manufacturing, digital twin development and deployment and Internet of Things, extensive experience with cloud computing, software embedded in devices, artificial intelligence, edge computing etc.;
- Experience in advising on the development and launch of new technology products, from ideation through to go to market;
- Risk analysis, appreciation and management;
- Deep expertise in relation to product liability risk and mitigation in a B2B and B2C context;
- Strong commercial & transactional, IP/IT and data protection experience and broad legal knowledge;
- Understanding of technology and global trends impacting provision of services/products, including digital tools, use of data and new technologies;
- Awareness of applicable regulatory landscapes and the effect on product development & deployment;
- Extensive experience of analysis and synthesis of complex facts and situations to achieve outcomes;
- Developing trusted relationships with senior Business leaders, particularly for functions that have not worked extensively with legal;
- Strong program management and path finding skills, leading diverse teams to achieve defined outcomes;
- Deal shaping and innovative commercial modelling expertise;
- Ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders and other parts of Legal to drive successful results;
- Co-ordinating and overseeing the activities of external counsel and managing legal budget.
- Resilient, demonstrating comfort adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding workplace;
- Self-motivated, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged;
- Comfortable with ambiguity;
- Pragmatic and client-focused - enjoying talking to colleagues, understanding their requirements and helping problem solve to balance risk with commercial considerations;
- Emotionally intelligent, able to deal with people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds and with varying skill sets. You will need to be able to understand different viewpoints, motivations and thought processes to attain a legally appropriate business solution;
- A team-player, but able to work independently and unsupervised;
- Interested in technology solutions;
- Possessing of exceptional organisational and communication skills; and
- Willing to work global hours where necessary and to travel occasionally.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA VA - Chantilly
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Senior Legal Counsel – Health & Life Sciences Global Network Legal Lead
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Corporate Investigations Counsel Associate Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.