Tittle: Systems Engineer (Azure, Cloud & O365)
ARE YOU READY to transform the future of business and your career?
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary opportunity to build a rewarding career at Accenture Operations. Working in highly collaborative teams for world-leading clients, we’ll nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Whatever your work and life goals, we’ll help you achieve them. Sooner.
Join Accenture Operations and drive continuous, rapid-fire innovation and new business capabilities needed to outperform in a digital world. All while you help define and meet the future needs of entire industries. Uncover actionable insights and analytics that can transform our clients’ technology infrastructures and accelerate their journey to achieving business outcomes. Be part of a team that brings together multiple stakeholders and technologies to operationalize real-time innovation that shape customer and employee experiences.
As a Systems Engineer you will develop and deliver strategies and solutions for housing and managing the computer systems and communications infrastructure -- including servers, databases, storage devices, etc. -- that handle the data necessary for enterprise operations.
- Interacts with peers within Accenture before updating supervisors. Likely has some interactions with non-management levels at the client and/or within Accenture
- Receives minimal instruction on daily work tasks and a moderate level of instruction on new assignments.
- Decisions impact own work and may impact the work of others.
- Experienced Systems engineer administrator providing support services including provisioning, environment management and maintenance, and operational support services
- Batch Monitoring Scheduling using centralized tools
Who Were Looking For?
- 5+ years of significant experience with Cloud concepts such as Microsoft o365 and Azure (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS...) as an administrator.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows server administration.
- 5+ years of experience with SCCM and/or Microsoft Intune for device and application management and deployments at the Enterprise scale
- 5+ years of experience with scripting in various languages including PowerShell, JSON.
- 5+ years of experience with Active Directory and DNS implementation, support and administration Domain Controllers, OUs, group policy processing, security concepts such as RBAC, MFA, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware virtualization platform implementation, support and administration
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise storage solutions (preferably with IBM XIV SANs and v7000 Storwize)
- 5+ experience with backup, restore, disaster recovery support experience (preferably with Commvault)
- 5+ years of experience with application support at the enterprise level (provide 2nd/3rd level support for applications, including multitier applications)
- 5+ years of experience with system monitoring (eg. HP Omi, HP NNMi, Azure Log Analystics) and troubleshooting
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Security Clearance OR ability to obtain Canadian Reliability Security Clearance ( resided in Canada for the past 5 years)
- University degree or community college diploma or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Hardware and software testing and documentation skills
- Hardware and software evaluation and selection skills
- Knowledge of system redundancy and disaster recovery practices, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of security risk and mitigation measures for Microsoft Windows based servers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and the migration of applications services servers to Azure is an asset to have
- Certification in: VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Microsoft HyperV or Nutanix Hypervisor is an asset to have
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps is an asset to have
- Knowledge of IBM enterprise storage XIV, V7000 and storage area networks SAN is an asset to have
- Knowledge of Commvault enterprise backup, recovery and archive solutions is an asset to have
- SCCM / Intune
- Experience managing Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Teams is an asset
- Good knowledge in imaging, deployment and management of Server OS and Client OS
- Good knowledge of Networking and Security technologies is an asset
- Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification is a major asset).
- Bilingual French and English is an asset
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website at accenture.ca/careers.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients, our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to
providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Canada Ontario - Toronto
Security Consulting Lead, Retail and Transportation Industries
Posted 2 days ago
Security Consulting Lead - Resources (Utilities)
Posted 2 days ago
Canada Alberta - Calgary
Security Operations (SOC) Specialist
Posted 4 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.