Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Why join Accenture’s security practice?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture’s security practice helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it can offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Application Security professionals sell, assess, define, implement and/or support world-class application security solutions for Accenture or our clients, spanning simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level transformation programs.
- Help our clients achieve the benefits that DevSecOps can offer in the development of Cloud Native Applications
- Leverage skills, experience and expertise to serve clients in a consultative role as well as in a technical capacity
- Lead security reviews of application development processes, platforms, capabilities and practices
- Drive adoption of Secure Application Development principles, tools and practices and help clients transition to DevSecOps
- Lead the design, development and rollout of DevSecOps capabilities, platforms, programs and practices that involve build automation, deployment automation, test automation, SDLC orchestration, environment management, monitoring, metrics and dashboards
- Mentor, coach, supervise and develop team members
- Provide knowledge transfer and support learning engagements for practice members to enhance their skills and experience
- Promote a Secure Application Development culture in our clients and within Accenture
- Able to apply knowledge and experience to a waterfall development lifecycle where warranted
- Support recruiting efforts to identify, interview and hire talented professionals into the Secure Application Development domain
- Responsible for the security of the SDLC through code reviews and security testing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in development and SDLC
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Application Security
- Minimum of 1 years of experience managing medium to large sized teams and projects
- Understands the SDLC, with experience on the tools used on the development and CI/CD pipelines
- Desired knowledge in different computer languages, including Java and .Net
- Technical knowledge of application security tools used for testing and mitigation (SAST, DAST, RASP, WAF)
- Understands the development process to validate and remediate findings from automatic scanners, penetration tests and bug bounty programs
- Proficiency in identifying application threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, and advise development teams how to protect against them
- Good communication skills and able to work with onshore and off-shore teams
- Experience working for the Big 5 consulting firms is highly desired
- Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CSSLP, CASE, CEH, etc.)
- In possession of, or able to qualify for, Canadian security clearance
- PMP preferred
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in leading teams and contributing to a team-oriented work environment
- Proven ability to think creatively and analytically to create solutions that solve problems and achieve target objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative and long-lasting relationships at all levels within Accenture and our clients
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- A Bachelor of Science in a technical concentration (Math, Engineering, Computer Science) is preferred, but non-technical degrees are acceptable with sufficient practical experience in Computer Science
- Ability to travel up to 100%
LocationsAlberta - Calgary,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.