People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Specialization professionals apply expertise in a specific business process delivery capability (or capabilities) to ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with our Standard Delivery Solutions and Service Level Agreements and drive continuous improvement.
The Category Management Associate Manager will work with the procurement and operations teams and interface with internal stakeholders to ensure their end to end contractor recruitment requirements are met. The category manager will be responsible for general sourcing, category management, supplier management, and account management activities, and will liaise with and act as the single point of contact for internal stakeholders in North America that are aligned to one of Accenture’s five Operating Groups. Stakeholder interaction will include line and senior managers and managing directors. This person will evaluate staffing requests from internal account teams guide them through the internal process for recruiting, selecting, enabling, and exiting contractors through Accenture’s VMS tool and also monitor contractor rates and validate alignment with our current rate card. This person will act as a point of contact and be responsible for issue resolution arising from internal client account teams and suppliers.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Represent all of the Cx channel Subcontractor Services, Direct Sourcing, IC, BDA, Internship with Skills to Succeed
- Present to and educate HR account teams about IQN Req Process, use of preferred suppliers and associated timelines regarding background check and Exhibit C process and risk requirements like BI and IS
- Gather MyS ID information
- Ensure demand is logged into the Cx
- Present fulfillment options to Project i.e. DS, SS
- Work with account leadership to understand client specific requirements diversity, ability to subtier, cost reduction, offsite, services vs staff aug for supplier utilization leverage the overall SCM supplier strategy where possible
- Leverage the overall SCM supplier strategy
- Determine if Ex C is in place with Preferred vendors.
- Request Ex C to be created when applicable dependent on client specific requirements
- Partner with the Client Account Team to ensure the Cx Suppliers are providing submissions and project teams are being responsive
- Work closely with Cx Ops to help close any gaps ensure the Cx schedules calls between Project and Suppliers to clarify requirements when applicable.
- Link with Cx Ops to ensure the process is moving forward
- Ensure the Cx schedule calls between project and suppliers to clarify requirements when applicable
- Determine when to engage Category Manager for other supplier options i.e. if preferred suppliers not finding candidates and we need to expand search
- Facilitate resolution of client issues by leveraging the proper support channels
- Ensure all larger issues reach closure and communicate outcome to account
- Resolution channels Direct IQN issues to Helpdesk
- Direct HM issues re work order status or time approval to Cx
- Engage Contractor Manager for issues unrelated to staffing an open role ex Bait and switch contractor wasn’t paid Client named on job posting, PO payment issues, contractor wants raise etc.
- This position requires travel of approximately 5%
- Bachelor s Degree or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in subcontractor management delivering strategic sourcing, supplier category management and compliance management services for internal or external clients
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with contract negotiation
- Strong organizational and project management experience including the ability to effectively communicate and influence all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to identify complex barriers to change and develop solutions to drive transformation
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills with a confident and compelling presentation style.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and client management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to
providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 492,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.