People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Provides support to the Contract Management team or directly to the Client Engagement team to enable the administration of government, international and commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Responsible for tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintaining associated documentation.
Participates in Contract Management and Project Management teams to support contract and subcontract compliance
Generates reports required to monitor contract compliance
Responsible for ensuring that where Contract Management is deployed, contract compliance is maintained and issues resolved. If the contract is not complied with or issues are not resolved they must be promptly escalated to their Contract Management line manager
Identifies contract management issues and proposes solutions for approval
Provides negotiation support as required
Independently works at smaller engagements or works within team at a large, complex engagement; may work within a service center administrative function
Independently applies the contract management tools and techniques to assigned projects
Supports training activities for Contract Management personnel
Complexity and engagement size will be more significant than for Level 9 personnel
Active engagement in regional CM initiatives.
Serve as the daily point of contact on the account; this will yield the following responsibilities:
To manage the account mailbox and delegate, by complexity to the appropriate team member, all SOW/CO/WO reviews and contract interpretation requests that come into the mailbox. Additionally, ensure maintenance of the 2 business day review metric for the SOW/CO/WOs that are received;
To serve as an escalation point to the other team members on the account;
To provide coaching and training to the offshore team members, working to develop consistencies in reviews and communications to the internal client and account leadership;
To support the localization of SOWs as needed to ensure compliance with Policy 68.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the contract management/procurement/legal/finance field
- Advanced degree in business, contract management, law or engineering preferred
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
- Working knowledge of Accenture policy and Contract and Commercial Management Processes preferred
- Understands basic contracting principles
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible
- Able to set priorities and juggle multiple demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to apply sound business judgment
- Ability to act as a temporary back-up for a project Contract Manager
- Specialized subject matter expertise
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.