People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Media Relations Canada, the Manager supports the development, implementation and coordination of external public relations strategies, in Canada with the goal of establishing and maintaining a favorable image of the company with investors, potential customers, employees and the public. Interface with media relations agency.
- Plan and direct media relations programs to position Accenture in Canada across major industries and locations
- Plan, direct, manage and participate in media interviews
- Foster strategic relationships with key media across Canada
- Collaborate with firm spokespersons to develop interview strategies and specific message points prior to media briefings
- Serve as a key contact for selected media
- Develop and direct local crisis management programs as required
- Integrate local media relations plans and activities with other integrated marketing programs
- Drive and measure media share of voice in Canada
- Develop and evaluate other metrics as required to assess effectiveness of media relations programs or initiatives
Reports to: Senior Manager Media Relations, Canada
Supervises: Media relations agency
Internal Relationships: Geographic marketing team including Internal Communications; Workplace; Global crisis team; North American Media Relations team;
External Relationships: National and local media