Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
The Procurement Category Manager will utilize their deep Information Technology/Telecom sourcing and supplier management experience to help our clients drive tangible results. In this capacity, you will work directly with an Accenture customer in Toronto with responsibility for delivering category management services including, but not limited to, strategic sourcing, client stakeholder management, supplier performance management, and continuous cost and performance improvement. Additionally, you will develop and provide oversight for the execution of Technology sourcing strategies that support each customer’s business goals while achieving optimal pricing, quality and service levels.
- Design and implement cost savings projects across multiple IT/Telecom sub-categories including Laptop/Desktop Hardware, Intel-level Servers, Mid-range Hardware, Storage, Telecom Hardware, Shrink Wrap Software, Application Software, Banking Operations, Banking specific software, Long Distance Voice-Data, and Wireless Services
- Engage with clients senior management team members to drive strategic initiatives and communicate progress
- Develop broad network of strong client stakeholder relationships, particularly in Real Estate/Facilities Management function, to facilitate delivery of services and achievement of contractual requirements (savings targets, SLAs)
- Conduct opportunity assessments across IT/Telecom spend subcategories to establish annual category strategies inclusive of sourcing wave plans that support overall savings target achievement
- Provide oversight and program management to ensure efficient delivery of a portfolio of strategic sourcing projects
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify and execute continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Measure and manage suppliers/service providers’ performance relative to contracted service levels.
- Conduct/ leverage supply-market research to develop and share market insights with clients and within Accenture
- Delegate work appropriately, coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development
- Identify opportunities to develop repeatable processes and automate work
- Further advance program and senior client relationship management skills
- Grow IT/Telecom category knowledge to expert levels, creating growth opportunities for self, team and company
- Lead all associated delivery team members to achieve target results and customer satisfaction
- Contribute to IT/Telecom Practice value proposition through collateral development and input into tools/applications