Job Location: Ontario - Toronto, Quebec - Montreal
Regional Description: Canada
Job Number: 00537039 00537039_en
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Business and Systems Integration professionals analyze, design and/or develop best practice business changes through technology solutions.
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
Big Data professionals use Big Data methodologies, solutions and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance by managing, sorting and filtering volumes of data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor.
- May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance. Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Data Analytics/ Data analysis
- Minimum 3 years of Java/Scala, Python, R, Pig programming, and/or HiveQL experience
- Minimum 3 years implementing analytic solutions in large scale, distributed environments using techniques such as machine learning, forecasting, clustering, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Minimum 3 years implementing relational data models
- Minimum 3 years working with traditional ETL tools and other streaming tools such as Kafka, Storm, or Spark Streaming
- 2 years’ experience with BI/Architecture and Cognos
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Math or Engineering Background
- Full life cycle Development
- Experience with Greenplum, Exadata, Cassandra, Spark, HBase, graphDBs, key-value stores, or NoSQL systems.
- Experience using search tools such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience using advanced analytic tools such as Mahout, Scikit-learn, MLLib, or other related toolkits
- Experience with authentication security protocols (Kerberos, Knox or Ranger)
- Industry experience (financial services, resources, healthcare, government, products, communications, high tech)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, Matplotlib)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in distributed information systems environments
- Excellent leadership, management, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Can work with minimal supervision and is a self starter.
- Able to work in a consultative manner to address client requirements and work collaboratively on a target solution.
- Ability to use Word and PowerPoint in order to articulate the proposed solution and proposal.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.