Test Lead - PTC (Positive Train Control)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Join Accenture’s growing testing delivery team as we expand our presence in the Montreal market. You will work hand in hand with Accenture's global network of 22,000+ dedicated testing professionals while you play a central role in developing innovative business solutions that will help clients improve operational efficiency and transform their business functions into a world class organization. Our team supports our clients with capabilities in the following areas:
- Agile Testing
- Testing Automation,
- Performance Testing
- Testing in a Continuous Delivery
- Enterprise Test Data Management
- Enterprise Test Environment Management
- Virtual Test Team Management
- Mobile Testing, and Mobile Testing Automation
Ideal individuals would have:
- A desire for a long-term career oriented in testing, in which they are passionate
- Deep testing skill and visionary strategy
- Strong desire to learn client's business, and how testing can ensure their applications meet their business needs
- Either deep technical expertise and testing exposure or Test management, test strategy
- Desire to help clients accelerate project delivery
The Test Lead - PTC (Positive Train Control) will be responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of assigned project testing activities and tasks as well as the creation of various testing artifacts. The Test Lead will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Project Architects, Business Stakeholders, and External Vendors to ensure Quality Assurance and Testing best practices are followed on projects.
and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Solid Understanding of Test Processes, methodologies and strong Hands-on testing experience (minimum 10 years’ experience)
- Thorough understanding of Railroad domain engineering and mechanical, Legacy Train Control, and Positive Train Control Experience in strategy design and development
- Positive Train Control experience in any of the following areas: Implementation, Installation, Integration, Testing, Project Management, Release Management and any others.
- Knowledge of custom software and integration program throughout the full life cycle Architecture-design-build-integration-deployment and support.
- Experienced in integration and implementation in a complex distributed application and infrastructure environment.
- Experienced in Hardware and Software integration, firmware, application, and telecommunication configuration management.
- Knowledge in complex data modeling, Asset and Inventory management.
- Strong proven experience in Complex Application and IT Solution integration using 3rd party products
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the testing effort, including plans, interdependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required personnel
- Ability to document and communicate the status of testing progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to define, implement, and maintain project process guidance related to testing
- Ability to provide technical leadership to project resources and the client to meet testing deadlines and objectives
- Ability to consult with and develop technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during testing
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards