Our new net-zero+ goals
Achieve net-zero emissions by 2025
- We’ll focus first on actual reductions in our emissions by powering our offices with 100% renewable energy, engaging key suppliers to reduce their emissions and equipping our people to make climate-smart travel decisions.
- To address remaining emissions, we’ll invest in proprietary, nature-based carbon removal solutions, such as large-scale tree planting, that will directly remove carbon emissions from the atmosphere.
Move to zero waste
- By 2025, we’ll reuse or recycle 100% of our e-waste, such as computers and servers, as well as all of our office furniture.
- We’re committed to eliminating single-use plastics in our locations at the conclusion of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Plan for water risk
- By 2025, we’ll develop plans to reduce the impact of flooding, drought and water scarcity on our business and our people in high-risk areas.
- We’ll also immediately begin to measure and reduce water use in these locations.
Our environmental commitments
We’ve also pledged to do our part to keep global warming below 1.5° by joining the more than 300 companies that have signed the UN Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5° Pledge.
We’re the largest professional services company to have a science-based target approved by the Science Based Targets Initiative.
And we’ve committed to RE100’s global initiative to use 100% renewable electricity by 2023.
Working toward our science-based target
We are the largest professional services company to have a goal aligning with the Science Based Targets Initiative. Our target aims to reduce our absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 11% against our 2016 baseline by 2025, including a commitment to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions by 65%, and a 40% per unit of revenue intensity reduction for scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions over the same time period.
To date, we have cut absolute emissions by 7%, reduced our scope 1 and 2 emissions by more than 19% and reduced our per unit of revenue emissions by more than 29%.
Reducing our environmental impact
We’ve achieved ISO® 14001 Environmental Management System-certification globally—and we’re setting our sights on doing more. From smart meters to renewable energy, we continue to assess and reduce our environmental impact at locations around the world.
Carbon reduction journey
From fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2017, we reduced our core carbon emissions per employee by more than 52% against our 2007 baseline.
Hover over the bars in the chart to view a percentage breakdown of our carbon emissions by year.