Career Level: Manager
Business area: Corporate Functions
Skill Track: Tax
The successful candidate will report to the Latin America area tax lead and support in managing the tax aspects of Accenture’s Mergers & Acquisitions/ complex client engagements. In addition, the candidate will also be required to drive the tax aspects of the post-acquisition integration process for acquisitions made by Accenture.
The role requires the ability to work effectively within the Growth Markets Tax team, interact with both tax and non-tax colleagues, obtain and manage the input of external advisors and efficiently implement the projects assigned.
The role includes:
- Leading the tax due diligence process for potential Targets, identifying material tax risks and corresponding mitigation options, and assisting in the quantification process of identified exposures, in order to ensure Accenture’s interests are protected and any tax/transactional risks are managed
- Providing tax advice for undertaking acquisitions which address areas such as funding, identification of appropriate acquisition vehicles, post-acquisition integration steps, such as mergers, spin-offs and other reornanization mechanisms
- Working collaboratively to provide tax inputs on transaction documents to Accenture’s Legal and Corporate Development teams
- Leading the process, from a tax standpoint, of integrating the Target’s operations with Accenture on successful completion of an acquisition
- Advising on tax efficient structures for Accenture’s complex client engagements which would cover analysis of corporate tax, transaction tax, withholding taxes, VAT/ GST/ISS/PIS/COFINS considerations for such engagements
- Soliciting and managing the input of external professional advisors for the above purposes
- Assisting the Latam Area Tax team on tax compliance, controversy and reporting on a need basis, including tax calculations and review of ancillary obligations (ECF, SPED, EFD-Contribuições, EFD-ICMS/IPI)
- Support Growth Markets Tax team in the successful implementation of global initiatives across the region.
Imagine being part of a team that helps transform leading organizations and communities around the world!
At Accenture, we put innovation at the heart of everything we do. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets, and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual, and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too, we offer careers that provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth and job satisfaction.
People in the Corporate Functions career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high-performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
- Degree as a certified Accountant or Lawyers
- Experience in Transaction/ V&A/ M&A taxation
- The job requires a minimum background of 6 years tax experience, either as a tax professional in a Big 4 tax department, V&A tax team (M&A tax) or with a multinational business. In addition, the job requires the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and technical skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team; and
- Ability to work independently in a virtual work environment.
- Education: Degree as a certified Accountant or Lawyer
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and SAP (advantage).
- Understanding of tax ancillary obligations: Ability to review tax calculations and tax ancillary obligations (e.g., ECF, SPED, EFD-Contribuições, EFD-ICMS/IPI)
LocationsRio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro,São Paulo - Sao Paulo
Oportunidades Iguais de Emprego
Todas as decisões de recrutamento e contratação devem ser tomadas sem levar em consideração idade, raça, credo, cor, religião, sexo, nacionalidade, ascendência, status de invalidez, condição de veterano, orientação sexual, identidade ou expressão de gênero, informação genética, estado civil, status de cidadania ou qualquer outra base protegida por leis federais, estaduais ou locais.
Os candidatos às vagas não serão obrigados a divulgar registros de condenações ou detenções, selados ou eliminados, como parte do processo de contratação. A Accenture está empenhada em fornecer oportunidades voltadas para os veteranos, nossos homens e mulheres de serviço.
Você na Accenture
Trabalhe onde você seja motivado a explorar suas paixões e onde seus talentos são nutridos e cultivados. Inove com tecnologias de ponta em projetos que se mostrarão mais legais do que você pode imaginar.
Treinamento e Desenvolvimento
Reserve um tempo para aprender e aprender o tempo todo em nossos centros de aprendizagem regionais, salas de aula conectadas, cursos on-line e ambientes de aprendizagem.
Saiba mais sobre a Accenture
Nossos mais de 600.000 funcionários em mais de 120 países, combinam experiência incomparável e habilidades especializadas em mais de 40 setores. Abraçamos o poder da mudança para criar valor e sucesso compartilhado para nossos clientes, pessoas, acionistas, parceiros e comunidades.