WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE BE:
Accenture works with a wide variety of technologies. The successful candidate will be trained in any technology they are expected to deliver. This will include a mix of formal and internal on the job training.
- Be involved in the design of the solution
- Travel at partner or client side to work with the local team as the project requires
- Take ownership of the successful implementation of parts of the solution
- Interact with the end client as required to ensure the solution is implemented as well as possible
- Solve complex problems
- Deliver code to time and quality expectations
- Fully test developed solutions
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- 2 or more years of experience developing Java applications
- J2EE experience required (servlet containers, web application servers etc.)
- Experience working with SQL databases. Knowledge in Hibernate or other ORM tool is an advantage
- Good understanding of CSS, AJAX
- Experience with eCommerce systems (Demandware, Hybris and Intershop) is an advantage
- Experience with product information management systems (Informatica, Stibo) is an advantage
- Experience working with code versioning and control systems (like SVN and GIT)
- Big advantage is the knowledge and experience with any of the popular and advanced Java related technologies and frameworks like Spring, Struts, Tiles, Velocity, WebServices (SOAP, REST), XML
- A valuable advantage is the knowledge of software patterns and UML, software design and development methodologies
- Excellent Windows skills, UNIX/Linux skills is an advantage
- Execution of the full lifecycle of development
- Interaction with clients to understand requirements and resolve issues
- Deployment of applications to live
- Good spoken English with the ability to interact with the UK team or a client
- Reasonable written English such that the meaning is clear although some wordsmithing may be required on review
- Additional German language is an advantage
- Creative problem solving with the ability to assist team members in solving their own problems
- Work in agile style
- Team focused nature with ability to work autonomously
- Highly competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
- Opportunities for career progression
- Open communication with the management team
- Comprehensive and flexible benefits package. You choose your own social benefits
- Additional paid annual holiday
- Option to join the company share scheme
- Ongoing training in new/existing technologies
- A brand new and modern office
- Regular team socials
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.