Are you a Speedy Gonzales multi-tasker, extremely fast, quick-witted, eager to gain hands-on experience within a global consulting firm and are you particularly enthusiastic to discover the world of events?
Your opportunity has arrived! The Accenture Recruitment team is on the lookout for a dynamic intern to become part of our Meeting & Events team.
What you’ll do
As an intern you will coordinate and ensure the execution of all activities in planning and executing meetings and events off site for Accenture including assistance with budgeting, site selection, logistics, on-site support (if required), supplier delivery relationships as well as billing, invoice reconciliation and payments, manage compliance to policies and data capture.
You will be expected to work independently alongside the client responding to his/her brief whilst making suggestions based on their own experience.
Your journeys begin with the essential role you’ll play in taking care of the event wishes of your Accenture customers, thus planning, organizing and ensuring on D-day that your events run perfectly
As a Meetings & Events Intern, your responsibilities are as diverse as your interests and ongoing projects allow. Here are a few examples of what you can expect :
- Collaborate and team with other M&E Planners; share best practices.
- Maintain timely & accurate records documenting the global/local tools
- Assist customer in site selection process
- Apply corporate policies and guidelines
- Select suppliers, prepare budgets, and negotiate using professional knowledge / skills and in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Purchase Requisition, purchase ordering
- Secure best possible venue
- Arrange sources for miscellaneous services (e.g., ground transportation (bus, taxi), catering, decorations, off-site dining reservations, entertainment, team building through third party vendors, signage, etc.)
- Execute contracts, including any deposits in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Oversee cancellations
- Provide detailed logistical information for off-site event execution.
- Confirm and oversee audiovisual (AV), connectivity and other equipment needs for the event
- Provide on-site planning assistance, as required
- Oversee Attendee Management process, as appropriate.
- Monitor event budget according to guidelines
- Act as point of contact for all vendors and all relevant internal departments
- Act as liaison between client and vendor, manage conflicts and assist in problem solving.
- Oversee vendors performance
- Coordinate invoicing and payment to external providers
Customer Relationship Management
- Collect customer/client feedback and take responsibility for the follow up actions.
- Use local tool to document complaints & resolution steps
- Keep Gallia Lead abreast of any key issues and performance levels regularly and in escalation mode when necessary in particular when involving clients
- Notify any policy exceptions
- Advise meeting owners of policy guidelines
At Accenture Corporate Functions, we do whatever it takes to make Accenture a success - every day. We are the pieces that hold it all together: organizing collaborations, monitoring and optimizing our activities and results, keeping everyone happy and motivated – and that’s just the beginning.
Working alongside HR, Finance, Geographic services, Marcom, Legal, and Information Management teams, you will find exciting opportunities to make your mark (and a measurable difference, too). We use modern tools, innovative approaches and our knowledge of best practice to ensure everything is running smoothly. It can be challenging to meet all the needs of our big-name clients and partners, as well as our colleagues - but it's worth it when you see what we achieve together.