As an Controllership Specialist you perform monthly financial closings, analyzing and reporting on the Belgian and Luxemburg balance sheet and P&L accounts. Your participation in the realization of the annual statutory accounts is also part of the work. Besides you are responsible for reviewing and approval purchase invoices & purchase requests, preparation of the VAT returns and accruals. You are participating in a wide range of financial related topics like, oversight accurateness and approvals of the invoices and purchase requests, preparation of the VAT returns, post-merger integration activities and other related topics.
The Controllership Specialist performs special assignments for the Country Controller.
The Controllership department also bears ultimate responsibility for a number of process-related activities. This process work is performed in several Service Centers in Buenos Aires, Mumbai and Dublin and requires close contact in order to have full control over the process. Constantly looking for more efficiency in processes and checking whether recent legislation has been adequately applied is also part of our daily activities.
- Perform monthly financial closings and Balance sheet /P&L analysis for Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Analyze and prepare data on statutory statements to ensure all requirements are followed for Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Review and manage some SOX controls for Belgium and Luxemburg.
- Work in collaboration with other local/abroad finance teams and other stakeholders.
- Support to internal and external audits
- Perform finance reviews of invoices, approval of purchases invoices & purchase requests
- Conduct Profit & Loss analysis
- Payroll reconciliation
- VAT returns and other withholding tax declarations
At Accenture Corporate Functions, we do whatever it takes to make Accenture a success - every day. We are the pieces that hold it all together: organizing collaborations, monitoring and optimizing our activities and results, keeping everyone happy and motivated – and that’s just the beginning.
Working alongside HR, Finance, Geographic services, Marcom, Legal, and Information Management teams, you will find exciting opportunities to make your mark (and a measurable difference, too). We use modern tools, innovative approaches and our knowledge of best practice to ensure everything is running smoothly. It can be challenging to meet all the needs of our big-name clients and partners, as well as our colleagues - but it's worth it when you see what we achieve together.
- At least Three years of relevant work experience in controlling area
- Degree in Finance or Economics
- Good knowledge and experience in finance, general accounting and accounting reconciliations. Knowledge US GAAP is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Native French or Dutch. Very good knowledge of English (in word and writing)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Programs (Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Knowledge of the BE GAAP and LUX GAAP. IFRS and legislation on VAT is an advantage
- Team player, good communication skills & persuasiveness, critical, proactive, strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Given the nature of the business, in which we deal with constantly changing processes and environment, a flexible attitude is a must.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- 13th month + holiday allowance
- 20 + 12 holidays
- Laptop and smartphone
- Hospitalization insurance and extensive group insurance package
- Bonus program
- Training & learning opportunities
- Green mobility program: e-bikes, public transport, bike 2 work allowance,…
- Flexrewards: decide on your rewards package with our flexible benefits tool
- Discount program: get discounts at your favorite (online) shops
- Employee shares purchase plan
- And many more!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.