Strategic Program & Operations Consultant - Government Relations
This is an exciting opportunity within Legal Ops to support the European GR Lead, the Growth Markets GR Lead and their respective Leadership Teams; in optimizing business-as-usual activities whilst helping evolve and deliver their portfolio of strategic projects and initiatives. In doing so to help the GR Leads have a holistic view of functional impact; manage risks and issues; and coordinate delivery and communication approaches to avoid confusion or duplication of efforts.
Career growth will be within Legal Ops and whilst the SPOC will be supporting GR for at least two years, it is expected that they are building the competencies to be subsequently deployable in any of the Legal functions.
Reports to: Strategic Program & Operations Manager - Government Relations (SPOM GR)
• GR: European GR Lead and their LT; Growth Markets GR Lead and their LT; other senior personnel within GR.
• Legal Operations: All teams
• Other Corporate Functions: Legal Marketing & Communications (M&C); Legal Finance
The individual will work for the SPOM GR in supporting the Regional GR Leads and their LTs on several dimensions and is expected to dynamically prioritize this support as needed:
• Strategic Planning: Capturing information on the portfolio of GR initiatives for FY20 including expected outcomes, milestones, resourcing and costs. Helping establish and manage the annual schedule of GR LT and wider GR meetings and events.
• Governance: Supporting timely submissions of inputs, capturing decisions taken (including consequences and commitments); communicating and monitoring decision actions.
• Program Management (PM): Providing consolidated status reporting on functional initiatives, including reporting on costs, issues and material risks to delivery. Helping on selected GR initiatives through junior PM activities such as capturing and monitoring action logs; process and deliverables documentation; creation of templates, tools and aids, reporting etc.
• Communications: Supporting with internal comms vehicles (e.g. portal articles, videos, newsletters, blogs etc.); set-up and execution of webcasts and team conference calls; and managing the key functional comms channels. In doing so, working with comms Subject Matter Advisors (within Legal Ops and Legal Marketing & Comms) to ensure application of the Legal Internal Comms Strategy; and associated clarity and consistency of GR LT messaging, touch-and-tone etc.
• Engagement: Supporting the use of engagement surveys, analysis of results and development of action plans for engagement improvement. Also, assisting Rewards & Recognition e.g. support for budgeting and distribution of Performance Points.
• Learning & Development (L&D): Supporting L&D planning and management of L&D events, including agenda and content development, logistics support, follow-up action capture and reporting.
• Knowledge Management (KM): Working with the KM team in Legal Ops to capture, curate and share GR know-how.
• Financial Management (FM): Working with Finance SMAs (within Legal Ops and Legal Finance) to support the GR LTs with six-monthly planning cycles for headcount and budgets; monthly delta analysis of actuals vs. forecasts; action planning to reduce these deltas; and miscellaneous FM activities.
• Technology & Innovation: Identifying opportunities for tactical improvements (e.g. through task automation, use of centralized tools / repositories etc.) and working with the Legal Tech Ops team to develop solutions. Supporting the SPOM GR to help the GR LTs strengthen innovation processes, tools, management reporting and culture.
• Business Operations: Overseeing management of GR distribution lists, org charts, asset register and access rights etc.