Accenture Technology is about powering the future with technology. We are at the heart of shaping and driving technology disruption and digital transformation for our clients. We set the direction for Technology, developing the deep specialization to serve all businesses and industries. Our mission is to identify and incubate the next generation of Accenture services around disruptive technologies in anticipation of future demand from pioneering clients.
We are technology experts, who build and deliver high-quality and innovative technology solutions that help our clients to be successful and change the way their people and customers experience work, life and entertainment. To know more about all our Technology careers, visit our website: https://www.accenture.com/technology.
Are you a technology passionate? Does the idea of guiding clients from strategy to execution when facing digital challenges attract you? You might be the candidate Technology is looking for!
Software Engineering professionals work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain multiple system components or applications for Accenture or our clients.
As a custom development manager, you will act as a custom development specialist, both internally towards other business units and towards our clients.
You will also play an active role in further developing our Accenture Custom Development Practice.
In your role as Custom Development Manager, you will:
• Build a long-term relationship with our clients
• Help originate and shape deals & follow up on them improving the client relationship / expectations to ensure great results
• Managing diverse project teams at our clients, in both a project supervisor as well as a people manager role
• Meet operational, contractual and economic commitments including financial forecasting and follow up
• Work to ensure appropriate resources are mobilized
• Identifying new business opportunities and managing the full trade cycle (proposal presentation, monitoring, approach, offer and negotiation…).
• Interacting with senior management levels at our clients and within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing significant matters
• Contributing to setting the strategic direction for the Technology Custom Development practice in the Belgium and Luxemburg region and managing the practice
• Contribute to the continued growth of the team by attracting and recruiting the best experienced and junior profiles
• University degree in Computer Sciences, Commercial or Civil Engineering, Economical sciences, Information Technology, or a business-related university with a strong IT affinity;
• 8+ years of relevant experience in Delivery Management of Business Applications; Project Management & Program management
• Knowledge of latest market trends
• Experience in IT and a strong interest in leading-edge technologies
• Background in custom development, preferably in Java Full Stack technology (React, Angular, Spring…)
• Experience in common architecture frameworks and services, including those available from Open Source communities
• Proven experience with agile & devops methodologies
• Experience working with near/offshore Delivery Centers
• Strong reporting and communication skills
• Team player with good leadership capabilities to guide a large team
• Entrepreneurial, eager to generate and pursue growth opportunitites
• Solution oriented, analytical, pro-active, pragmatic with a focus on delivering quality
• Effective communicator at C-Level by developing consistent and compelling storylines
• Highly developed critical evaluation skills, and the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies
• Excellent proficiency in English and Dutch or French is mandatory, additional languages are an asset;
Your Future Working environment
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Salesforce Functional Manager- West
North America Inclusion & Diversity Marketing & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
USA TX - Dallas
Java Full Stack Developer
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.