Digital disruption is enabling the entire healthcare system to break new ground in innovation and collaboration to deliver better patient and economic outcomes. But who, how and where?
The Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge has been created to recognize early stage start-up businesses that can play a major role in improving the way people around the world manage their health and associated costs.
The program from Accenture’s Life Sciences and Health practices brings together innovative startups with many of the largest life sciences companies and healthcare providers to tackle some of the world’s greatest health challenges including access, affordability and transparency.
The final companies selected will be invited to the StartUp Health Festival in San Francisco in January 2017 to pitch to an exclusive panel of judges that includes representatives from Amerisource Bergen, Merck, Novartis, Shire, and UBC. The winners will gain direct access to the leading companies in their target customer or therapeutic sector, while industry leaders gain exposure to fully vetted, cutting-edge technologies as they evolve.
The HealthTech Innovation Challenge is part of Accenture’s broader HealthTech Innovation program—which will also include acceleration & venture opportunities, innovation labs and more. This program will support innovative technologies and drive creative solutions to improve the way people access and manage healthcare.
You are an early stage company where access to executives at large, established life sciences and health companies is critical to your business.
You’re not an established or well-known technology business in life Sciences and Healthcare.
You have, at a minimum, a beta product to demonstrate and are prepared to share access to program partners under NDA (and where reasonable for no additional cost).
If selected as one of the finalists, you can attend the StartUp Health Festival gala event in San Francisco on Monday, January 9, 2017 to present your solution.
You can demonstrate that access to senior-level executives in the life sciences and/or healthcare ecosystem will have a meaningful impact on your growth.
● Submit your idea using the submission form.
● Your submission will be reviewed by Accenture and judged for suitability. Access to all submissions will be available to judges.
● Promising startups will be invited to attend one of the regional pitching rounds as indicated in the submission form.
● At the regional pitching rounds, there will be a workshop in which you will participate and have the opportunity to pitch your idea to our judging panel.
● If chosen as a finalist, you will be invited to pitch your company in person to the full panel of judges at the StartUp Health Festival on January 9, 2017 in San Francisco.
● Select startups will be offered the opportunity to participate in StartUp Health’s Launchpad program. Acceptance is discretionary.
● Following the final judging, Accenture will facilitate working sessions at the judge’s organizations with the aim of shaping new business for the startups.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions— underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 375,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.