Business Strategy Consultant – Banking
Explore opportunities across Banking, Financial Services and Insurance within Accenture’s Strategy Practice
Why Accenture Strategy?
Join Accenture Strategy and help transform leading companies and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. With ever changing competitive landscapes we’re creating new opportunities for organizations; operating at the intersection of business, technology and operations. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future.
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists globally combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client's industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients' current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
At Accenture Strategy we look for people with the passion and drive to help companies navigate complexity and create value. Are you eager to use your excellent analytical skills and innovative mind-set to solve the strategic business challenges of leading clients? Can you build and maintain lasting relationships with senior leaders to facilitate the discussions needed to lead companies to high performance? If so, then we would like to talk to you about what a career at Accenture Strategy could mean for you.
Your Role: Business Strategy Consultant – Banking
There will never be a typical day at Accenture. As a Business Strategy Consultant, the opportunities to make a difference for our clients’ most pressing business challenges are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
Accenture is modernizing core banking operations: turn a mobile banking experience into a social one, or reinvent payment and credit models, our banking consulting services empower clients with data-driven insights and the right tools to adopt a mindset fit for today's—and tomorrow’s—digital landscape.
We use new technologies to help banks and payment providers take bold steps to thrive in the future across: payments, core banking, credit, commercial banking, open banking, intelligent banking, banking cloud.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Involved in developing data-driven insights and cohesive conclusions from detailed analysis as part of high-performing project teams
- Involved in formulating innovative and action-oriented business solutions and strategies for our leading clients
- Understand, build and apply current and emerging trends into client value creation opportunities
- Lead and deliver streams of work to drive intended outcomes
- Coach and mentor analysts and junior consultants on the team with a people-first mindset
Set Yourself Apart: Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' consulting experience or relevant strategy background An understanding of industry operations, dynamics and trends through experience of one or more industries (Financial Services, Banking, Insurance)
- Outstanding academic track record with continued interest in learning and growing professionally
- Strong analytical skills, understands complex issues, quickly absorbs information, excels in conceptual and creative problem solving
- Digitally savvy; curious about technology, understands its impact on business and society
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment; easily establishes trust-based relationships, gains valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Personal and professional attributes required to engage with senior client and internal stakeholders
- Proven presentation and storytelling skills, personal impact and confidence to lead meetings, presentations and workshops
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Confidence to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value is delivered
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
Our Commitment to You
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You'll make a difference for some impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture's global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Fantastic team with collaborative spirit
- Access to leading-edge technology and global vendor footprint
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
- A diverse and inclusive environment where individual strengths, contributions and unique points of view are recognised and valued
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.