Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Find out more about us at accenture.com.
Great humans needed. Combine the best of your ingenuity and Cloud technologies to build a better world and lead clients towards change. Join us and do extraordinary things.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will design and maintain data analytic road maps and data structures that support business and technology objectives. Naturally inquisitive and open to exploration of underlying data, finding valuable insights and work with functional areas to drive identified actions. You enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team and have the confidence to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels, and to work in a fast-paced complex environment with conflicting priorities.
About the role:
You will be working on client projects with teams from across our Modern Data Platform and Applied Intelligence practice alongside our industry, functional and technology SMEs on some of our clients most challenging projects. Reporting to the delivery lead, you will deliver digestible, contemporary and immediate data content to support and drive business decisions. The key focus of the role is to deliver reports, dashboards and custom solutions for various business critical requirements. You will be involved in all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, all the way through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery and production implementation.
From day one, you will be involved in the design and implementation of complex data solutions ranging from batch to streaming and event-driven architectures, across cloud, on-premise and hybrid client technology landscapes. We are looking for 3+ years of experience in data engineering in a customer or business facing capacity and experience in the following:
• Ability to understand and articulate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
• Stakeholder management and communication skills, including prioritising, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
• Strong experience in SDLC delivery, including waterfall, hybrid and Agile methodologies. Experience delivering in an agile environment,
• Experience of implementing and delivering data solutions and pipelines on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
• A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
• An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
• Strong SQL and/or Python knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of delivering CI/CD and DevOps capabilities in a data environment
• Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica), including metadata management, SQL development and performance tuning within these database environments.
• Experience in addressing and implementing data quality solutions, data reconciliation framework and strong understanding and experience in building data lineage documentation, and Data Catalogues.
• Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
• Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
If you are inspired to make a positive difference where you will be helping translate data to insights that enable the businesses to make key decisions as well as using visualisations to tell a compelling story with data to simplify complex topics to be understandable, please submit your resume for us to connect and get to know you.
Salary range for this role: $80K to $140K
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement for Australia:
At Accenture, we recognise that our people are multi-dimensional, and we create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
Our unwavering commitment to inclusion and diversity unleashes innovation and creates a culture where everyone feels they have equal opportunity. Our range of progressive policies support flexibility in ‘where’, ‘when’ and ‘how’ our people work to ensure that Accenture is an organisation where you can strive for more, achieve great things and maintain the balance and wellbeing you need.
We encourage applications from all people, and we are committed to removing barriers to the recruitment process and employee lifecycle. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion or sexual orientation and we do not tolerate discrimination. If you require adjustments to the recruitment process or have a preferred communication method, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cite the relevant Job Number, or contact us on +61 2 9005 5000.
To ensure our workplace is inclusive and diverse we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs. Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.