Act as the first responder for cyber-security incidents identified through different channels, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Corporate Investigations, ASOC, Infrastructure CIRT, and client escalations.
Investigate cases such as, but not limited to:
- Acceptable Use Policy / Code of Business Ethics Violation
- Fraud, Intellectual Property Theft, Industrial Espionage
- Cyber Attack / Hacking / APT / Security Breaches
- Mobile Devices
Execute documented processes within all activities of the CIRT playbook and security incident response lifecycle. Escalate security events, depending on determined crisis levels, to management in accordance with the incident response plan
Collect, preserve and process volatile information and evidences needed to conduct highly-confidential forensic investigations. Investigation of digital evidences may include:
- Storage media (i.e. hard drives, optical and flash media)
- Electronic data (i.e. electronic files, pictures, web data, technology device logs)
- Mobile devices (i.e. mobile phones, tablets)
- Volatile media (i.e. workstation memory)
Ensures forensic investigation and incident response procedures comply with standard operating procedures, processes, policies, guidelines, and forensics best practices.
Examine and analyze security events or incidents, and investigate significant issues, related to technology infrastructure. Employ technical, investigative and analytical skills to solve a wide range of complex issues or problems.
Coordinate and resolve, or provide recommendations as necessary, containment and remediation steps, until security incident closure.
Produce detailed written reports outlining the circumstances around the incident, present forensic evidences to a non-technical audience and provide further input as expert opinion. Present and communicate investigation results and relevant findings, for administrative or legal purpose, to internal stakeholders, senior management, auditors or clients, and testify in court as an expert witness, as necessary.
Participate in the improvement and development of forensic methodologies, process/procedure manuals and documentation.
Periodically make recommendations that aid in the successful completion of highly complex and technical projects within a process, control or functional area.
Complete varied complex and non-standard tasks in an assigned area of responsibility.
Provide eDiscovery and litigation support to identify, preserve, collect, process, review and produce electronically stored information (ESI) for litigation purposes.
Mentor and provide guidance to incident response staff on security best practices, processes, procedures and countermeasures.
Expert understanding of the following topics:
- Significant hands on experience on Computer security incident response and digital forensics, which includes:
- Forensic evidence handling and Chain of Custody
- Malware Triage and Reverse Engineering (i.e. OllyDbg, IDA Pro, LordPE, PEiD, Process Monitor, Process Explorer, Wireshark, tcpdump, Autoruns, REMnux)
- Mobile device forensics and tools (i.e. Cellebrite, Paraben)
- Memory forensics and tools (i.e. HB Gary)
- Computer / Network forensics tools (i.e. Encase, SIFT, IEF, HB Gary, FireEye, Mandiant/Fire Eye, Nuix)
- Workstation and Server Operating systems (Windows, Linux or OS X, iOS/Android)
- IT Security
- Legal/regulatory aspects of digital forensics and incident response processes and methodologies
Advanced understanding of the following topics:
- Network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals
- Network based services and client/server applications
- Enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Network architecture and security infrastructure (i.e. intrusion detection systems, data loss prevention, antivirus, etc.)
- System log analysis
- eDiscovery methodologies (i.e. Nuix)
- Perimeter security controls
Knowledge of the following topics:
- Risk assessment procedures
- ISO 27001 / ITIL and COBIT frameworks
- Experience and background in the following is a plus:
- Programming and scripting
- Vulnerability and penetration testing
- Application and virtualization security
- current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
- Up to date with current cyber threat landscape and trends
Other Required Skills:
- Above average problem solving skills
- Strong technical background and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Strong sense of ethics & values, ability to handle confidential situations with discretion
- Ability to maintain objectivity, professional appearance and demeanor during a crisis and in high stress situations to both technical and executive audience
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively physical locations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned workload
- Willing to work on call, overtime, rotating shifts, work during weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Industry certification in multiple operating systems and/or network technologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an information security discipline
- One or more computer forensics and information security certifications is desired :
- Guidance Software Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- EC Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFA)
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Comptia Security +
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.