Accenture’s Sustainable Value Chains designs for impact helping our clients to embed sustainability into every stage of the value chain to deliver trusted, net-zero and circular value chains. We use data-driven tools, frameworks and insights to enable organizations to deliver lasting value and impact. We harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions that deliver across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. Our rapidly growing practice is looking for motivated individuals passionate about understanding how sustainability impacts organizations, their leadership teams, their operations, and overall performance to enable a more resilient future.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant diverse environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
- Lead engagements to help clients design, develop and implement their purpose driven supply chain strategies that align to company ESG goals and stakeholder priorities.
- Drive engagements to deliver Net Zero Energy Transition and End to End Value Chain Decarbonization objectives for our clients
- Shape sustainable value chain solutions through assessments, strategy and performance management, operating model design, evaluation of enabling technologies, and product strategy.
- Provide local, ethical and inclusive sourcing support, energy sourcing strategy and supplier-risk assessments based on ESG criteria.
- Support knowledge building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership, insights and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
- Lead high performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
- Minimum of 8 years of overall experience with a concentration in relevant experience of embedding sustainability into product design, supply chains, manufacturing, and/or procurement practices and building Net Zero Strategy and roadmap for organizations
- Prior experience in area of End to End Value Chain Decarbonization covering:
- Scope 1,2,3 Emissions baselining and defining most effective and efficient net zero roadmap with defined initiatives and associated business case
- Knowledge and familiarity of SBTi / Equivalent Framework
- Net Zero transition by reducing use of fossil fuels and scaling renewables such as solar, wind, biofuels, hydrogen and evaluating and implementing technologies such as CCUS and increasing energy efficiency of operations using interventions such as digital, IOT and manufacturing technologies
- Engaging with supplier and other value chain stakeholders
- Technology led solutions to bring implementation roadmap to market. Such as product carbon footprint management, use of digital twins, blockchain based solutions to track and trace carbon footprints
- Internal carbon pricing mechanisms
- Innovations such as engaging start-ups and financial instruments to incentivize change
- Expertise in key industries / sectors such as Consumer Goods & Services, Automotive, Metals & Mining or Chemicals
- Proven experience with qualitative analysis, research, and business case development
- Active thought leadership on End to End Decarbonisation (Books, Newspaper articles, Blogs, Published Points of Views etc)
- Executive presence and relationship building at all levels, including with board members and c-suite executives
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.