Accenture is committed to playing a significant role in combating climate change and meeting the Paris targets. We feel our biggest contribution can be working with businesses to embed sustainability and relevant environmental, societal and governance (ESG) considerations as part of businesses’ core planning and operations activities. These considerations are usually highly contextualized, cutting across different knowledge domains, such as climate impact/ decarbonization, circular economy, equal opportunity and access. New shared value (for shareholders and stakeholders) can be unlocked through responsible transformations – characterized by a shift in the value paradigm, digital and technology enablement, as well as partnership and ecosystem innovation.
Sustainability at Accenture will focus on the following 4 defined growth areas:
• Net Zero Carbon Industry Transitions;
• Responsible Supply Chain, Product Design & Circular Economy;
• Sustainable Technologies / Green IT & Cloud;
• Sustainability Measurement, Analytics & Ledger
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant diverse environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
As a Sustainability Manager, your role will be to help companies define and realize their sustainability ambition.
• You will be responsible for delivering client value within the agreed timeframe and budget.
• You understand the client’s unique situation and develop deliverables that exceed expectations and support client sustainability transformation.
• You are able to perform complex analyses and problem solving to support business case realization while keeping the broader perspective in mind.
• You will work in a technology inspired and innovative environment in which you are able to identify what is required to solve client challenges and work in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver.
• Application of consulting skills: Supervising and supporting the structuring and on-time delivery of the overall project issues, analyses and deliverables; synthesizing and preparing storylines and cogent documents with minimal supervision; leading project teams across the full range of topics within, our functional practices
• Leadership of projects: Structuring the project plan; ensuring full consistency with Accenture methodologies, communication standards and best practices; tracking progress of the team against the work plan; Ensuring the quality of project deliverables; balancing the competing demands on the team
• Business development: participating in client development efforts, and collaborating on the writing of proposals; developing points of view on issues facing the industry.
• People development: Eliciting maximum team performance potential from the team through feedback, coaching and creating opportunities for team members to grow; providing regular feedback to team members highlighting strengths and development needs; motivating team performance
• Building and sustaining Communities of Practice (CoP): Taking ownership and proactive measures to curate, evolve and sustain the CoP; connecting and bringing together the different synergistic capabilities across BUs/GUs to enable a coherent, impactful, yet differentiated delivery of service proposition; leveraging global expertise, approaches and insights while factoring in local context and nuances; actively contributing to the CoP asset and knowledge base; expanding the reach and influence of the CoP across internal and external avenues.
• A university degree in Business or Engineering is required and an MA, MSc, MBA or PhD degree in desirable
• Specialization in or dedicated exposure to sustainability-linked curriculum as part of tertiary education qualification (or above) is preferred
• 4 to 8 years of business consulting in an international firm, or equivalent experience in the industry with exposure to sustainability strategy and initiatives development and associated business partners and stakeholder management, is required
• Experience in shaping and leading sustainability consulting engagements is required
• Proficiency, or equivalent experience, in at least one of the following subject matter areas, is required:
o Sustainability-linked strategy development and execution, e.g. corporate sustainability strategy, CSR strategy, ESG strategy, sustainable products/ services strategy, clean energy strategy
o At least one specialized sustainability knowledge and experience domains, across:
Net Zero Carbon Industry Transitions;
Responsible Supply Chain, Product Design & Circular Economy;
Sustainable Technologies / Green IT & Cloud;
Sustainability Measurement, Analytics & Ledger;
o Digital and innovation
o Sustainability-linked certifications (carbon footprint/ audit, life-cycle analysis etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.