Accenture is a leading global professional services company. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Accenture’s Data Engineering practice covers the range of Data and AI skills across all domains of data governance & quality, cloud & traditional data engineering and visual insights & next generation user interfaces. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting and Technology businesses, we are able to bring together the unique end to end business changes through the application of Data and AI.
Great humans needed. Combine the best of your ingenuity and Cloud technologies to build a better world and lead clients towards change. Join us and do extraordinary things.
As a Data Engineer, you will design and maintain data analytic road maps and data structures that support business and technology objectives. Naturally inquisitive and open to exploration of underlying data, finding valuable insights and work with functional areas to drive identified actions. You enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team and have the confidence to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and can work in fast-paced complex environments.
About the role:
You will be working on client projects with teams from across our Applied Intelligence Network comprised of industry, functional and technology SMEs on some of our clients most challenging projects. You will be involved in all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, all the way through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery and production implementation. This may include but not limited to delivering digestible, contemporary and immediate data content to support and drive business decisions.
If working with a team with a growth mindset appeals, where you will be involved in the design and implementation of complex data solutions ranging from batch to streaming and event-driven architectures, across cloud, on-premise and hybrid client technology landscapes - Join us.
We are looking for 3+ years of experience in data engineering in a customer or business facing capacity and experience in the following:
• Ability to understand and articulate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
• Stakeholder management and communication skills, including prioritising, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
• Sound experience in SDLC delivery, including waterfall, hybrid and Agile methodologies.
• Experience delivering in an agile environment,
• Experience of implementing and delivering data solutions and pipelines on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
• Good understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
• An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
• SQL and/or Python knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of delivering CI/CD and DevOps capabilities in a data environment
• Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica), including metadata management, SQL development and performance tuning within these database environments.
• Experience in addressing and implementing data quality solutions, data reconciliation framework and strong understanding and experience in building data lineage documentation, and Data Catalogues.
• Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
Experience: All levels
Start date: Staggered start dates apply
If you are looking for a new change and extend your experience with geographical dispersed teams, you can make it happen here!
Connect with us so we can get to know you better.
• Current or previous experience in a similar role
• 3+ years experience in data analytics, business analysis or software development in a customer or business facing capacity
• Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Australian Citizenship would be highly regarded
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Data Engineering Consultant / Manager
Analytics and Insights
Posted 6 days ago
Data Science and Machine Learning Consultant / Manager
Analytics and Insights
Posted 7 days ago
Artificial Intelligence- Virtual Assistant & NLP Data Scientist
Analytics and Insights
Posted 7 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.