Accenture is a leading global professional services company. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Accenture’s Data Engineering practice covers the range of Data and AI skills across all domains of data governance & quality, cloud & traditional data engineering and visual insights & next generation user interfaces. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting and Technology businesses, we are able to bring together the unique end to end business changes through the application of Data and AI.
We are looking are looking for Data Modelers to join our team in Melbourne. You will be able to learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and access different opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. We have access to world leading assets, training and experts to help your career thrive and grow.
The role of Data Modeler who will be responsible for understanding and translating business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions for the client.
You will join an agile scrum team distributed globally, so duties will include attending daily scrums, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and planning meetings and will be involved in:
• Developing and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models along with its corresponding metadata.
• Perform data mapping (based on data source schemas and reverse engineering of existing transformations from multiple source database systems) on Cloud Data Platform.
• Work closely with all the squad and product owners to implement data strategies, help build data flows. Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in the new data lake environment.
• Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
• Experienced in use of tools such as ER Studio, ERWin, i-Server, Azure DevOps and techniques such as 3NF, dimensional (star schema and snowflake) and datavault.
Your key deliverables will include but not be limited to:
• Delivering data models for a number of analytical use cases for the client business.
• Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
• Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
• Data Mappings
• Data Transformation Acceptance Criteria
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
• Experience in Data Modeling
• Advanced SQL expertise
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Data Modelling tools
• Data and Analytics projects on cloud platform
• Worked on building data model
• Basic knowledge of Cloud Data Architecture
• ER Studio
• Azure and / or AWS experience
If you are looking for a new change and extend your experience with geographical dispersed teams, you can make it happen here!
Connect with us so we can get to know you better.
• Current or previous experience in a similar role
• 3+ years experience in data analytics, business analysis or software development in a customer or business facing capacity
• Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
• Australian Citizenship would be highly regarded
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.