Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
About the Salesforce Business Group
Accenture's Salesforce Business Group is the part of Accenture Technology devoted to selling, delivering, and supporting Salesforce technology-based projects across Australia & New Zealand. Part of our global practice, our local and international ability is recognised unanimously as number 1 by Industry Analysts in their annual ratings on Salesforce consulting partners. We think we're unique among our peers with our ability to understand Salesforce, its ecosystem and the career goals of those working in the Ohana. We also bring our collective Accenture capability to our Salesforce work. We work with our industry, consulting, strategy, service design and digital consultants to transform our clients.
Beyond doing the most exciting and most significant projects with the best team, we are at the foundation an Ohana (meaning family). We believe we offer individuals a supportive home to grow your career no matter what your level of experience, speciality, gender, family situation, heritage, or life goals. And if you're working from the kitchen bench or have an upset child in the background, we want to let you know that we get it. You'll feel our team's difference from the moment you speak with us. We're proud of the culture that shines through.
What else the job offers
- A leadership team whose Managing Directors have a collective 50 years of experience in Salesforce delivery.
- Over 300 of your Salesforce specialist peers, including 7 Certified Technical Architects, will aid your career growth whilst working with some of Australia's biggest brands on complex and groundbreaking projects.
- Access to unlimited Salesforce certification vouchers across the entire Salesforce product catalogue
- Attend formal and informal training, such as our Khumbu sessions, Ohana Meetings, My trailhead courses or our Delivery Lead, Technical Architect and Solution Architect certifications.
- A merit-based structured career program - Take on responsibilities in one of our communities of practice and build a career that could last your entire professional life.
- Use in-house tools like our project management, estimators, security, code quality and DevOps tools.
- Support for work from home, from overseas or transfer to other countries (Depending on client needs, circumstances and your own performance)
What you'll do daily
- Developing a thorough understanding of the client’s goals and requirements and use this knowledge to build innovative solutions from design through testing and deployment.
- Configure of objects, flows, sharing settings, permission sets and other security related configuration components
- Build Integrations using Apex REST/SOAP APIs, Platform Events and Outbound Messages
- Learn and use platform best-practices and perform peer code reviews to ensure the same including approaches to modularised Salesforce able to operate at scale.
- Follow secure coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Use version control software, Git and advanced CI/CD tooling using Scratch Orgs and Sandbox based development.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Document the application to facilitate maintenance.
- Participate in ‘Go-Live’ support and testing activities
- Maintain effective client relationships, delivering timely and relevant information with the ability to quickly identify and report and mitigate technical and project risks.
What else we need from you
- Innovate, coming up with creative, robust and quality solutions to customer problems.
- Communicate to a wide range of people through email, showcases, presentations, meetings and workshops.
- A relentless passion for client success.
- Commercial acumen, both about the client's business goals and Accenture's obligations.
- Robust analysis and design skills equal to your speciality
- A collaborative spirit, showing One Accenture.
- A passion for Salesforce, its ecosystem, technology and ethos.
- Ethical behaviour, on every level, with an equal commitment to equality and diversity.
- Relevant experience (see below) and relevant Salesforce certifications or Trailhead badges.
A note about experience.
We do not need a specific number of years of experience. We hire a broad range of experience levels and offer positions that correspond to our assessment of your capabilities through the interview process and the market relevance of your skillset. We value industry experience, deep technical excellence and, more of all, a demonstrated ability to influence outcomes.
For Australian Citizens, you may have to undertake Security Clearance process at Baseline or beyond.
Accenture is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment.
At Accenture, our vision is to create a supportive culture that balances the flexibility needs of the business and our people, enabling us to maximise overall performance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.