Accenture Financial Services – Insurance Consulting Practice - Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Across Australia and New Zealand we work with some of the world’s most advanced and innovative financial services institutions. Accenture’s unique understanding of how technology is reshaping the insurance industry gives our consultants a chance to shape the future of our client’s industry.
The breadth and depth our Accenture’s capabilities, the leading clients for which we work and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provide an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Working for Accenture Consulting, you would join a group of financial services specialised consulting practitioners. As practitioners, our consultants focus on designing client solutions. Each consultant exploits their experience, talent and leadership to help clients analyse, plan and achieve their goals.
Working as a consulting manager, you will leverage your insurance industry expertise helping clients discover, design and ultimately deploy world-class business and technology solutions. You will be expected to bring and develop your own perspective into a leading personal brand and expertise.
Each Accenture consulting manager is a unique part of our consulting team. Each manager knows how to deliver value now and owns the perspective of what will shape the future of their domain. A manager’s consulting domain is defined by the unique combination of that person’s industry and management or technology consulting knowledge. Today, our managers lead the end to end digitisation of services, the deployment at scale of robotics across insurance operations and the design of high productivity new business architectures.
As a part of Accenture’s insurance industry consulting practice you will be at the core of our insurance clients engagements. Often in concert with Accenture’s other specialised practices, you will deliver tangible outcomes. Like everyone in our practice, you will measure your success by the lasting improvements our clients have achieved.
Individuals will have experience of working within an insurance environment with a broad understanding of the issues faced by insurers and a specialisation in at least one insurance domain such as digital insurance, productivity such as automation, core insurance processes such as claims or underwriting, insurance application architectures and technologies, or insurance businesses such as general or life.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their broad industry and domain specialised knowledge through their understanding of strategies, trends & challenges, market dynamics, industry architectures and frameworks, and supplier landscape.
Our expectations are that:
- Candidates should have gained their insurance industry knowledge either through consulting engagements with insurers or as part of an internal team working on a “transformation” agenda. A demonstrable focus on tangible outcomes over conceptual knowledge is a must have.
- Candidates are expected to master all core consulting skills such as structured problem solving, project management, design thinking and solution delivery lifecycle. We expect managers to have applied these skills across more than one of the key change lifecycle stages such as strategy, design, build and test, deployment or change management.
- Candidates need to thrive in a team environment. As an Accenture manager you will always work within a broader team and often lead your own team. You are expected to have led entire scrums or project streams combining client, technology partner and other specialised consulting resources. You are expected to have demonstrated an ability to develop resources within your team and coach a number of colleagues through their careers.
- As a manager, candidates are expected to lead from the front, operate independently and represent Accenture’s delivery commitment to the client. Typical candidates will have had roles such as design lead, business analysis lead, lead architect, chief product owner, delivery lead, scrum of scrums master, test lead, implementation lead etc.
- Candidates need well-developed analytical skills including constructing advanced quantitative models, ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information into salient points. We are seeking candidates with proven creative problem solving skills.
- Structured communication is crucial to the success of our managers. The ability to tell a story and present ideas and logic clearly and accurately, both written and verbally is important. We are seeking candidates with prior experience in negotiation, consultation and influencing skills.
- Candidates need to already have demonstrated an ability to work with senior stakeholders, engage with their personal and their organisation’s global network, and facilitate workshops. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their professional presence in their current role.
- 6+ years Financial Services experience required. They need to already have contributed to the development of a new insurance domain (P&C or Life) or the publication of insurance thought leadership.
- Excellent graduate degree results (or international equivalent) required.
- 3+ years in consulting roles or consulting-like roles (such as internal consulting roles) is required.
- Australian insurance experience preferred.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Sonali Arora is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Supply Chain & Operations – Integrated Planning & Fulfillment – Sr Manager
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Healthcare Client Consultant
Sales Growth Manager - Insights & Analytics
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.