Accenture Interactive—a new breed of agency that’s all about the Experience. For us, customer experience is not an add-on; it’s foundational to who we are and how we empower our clients. As the world’s largest, most disruptive agency, we drive lasting growth for clients by helping them design, build, and run meaningful experiences that make people’s lives better, more productive, and more meaningful. We do this in three ways: by transforming organizations through standout products and services; by building and delivering award-winning campaigns so brands can engage and communicate creatively with customers at scale; and by using our top-notch skills to pilot, integrate, scale, and run the platforms that underpin the world’s greatest experiences.
Accenture Interactive Design is growing a phenomenal team of designers, strategists, brand architects and product developers around the globe. Locally the strategic design team (formerly 2nd Road) is looking for strategic and creative thinkers, passionate about creating visionary futures with Executives and Boards, and bringing new ideas to the world.
What interests us
We identify new territories and are constantly asking ‘where next?’. We design things that change the way people experience and operate organisations.
What we do
- Purpose, vision and growth strategy
- Experience and ecosystem design
- Innovation portfolios, new business ventures and customer value propositions
We work on big questions. We reimagine rather than optimize. We use human-centred design with a creative toolkit not just an analytical one. We don’t work in one industry but across all of them, on corporate and on social challenges. Sound like you?
We are successful because of our talented team and their insatiable curiosity. If you are hungry, entrepreneurial and believe in a more innovative future we want to hear from you. You could have a background in design, strategy, ventures, or are just ready to turn your sharp mind to bigger questions.
Design Consultants use their toolkit to visually communicate ideas and turn complex information and ideas into forms that are accessible and meaningful. They are curious, empathetic and collaborative minds that are integral to our project teams, working with consultants and clients to design and produce compelling deliverables at different stages of a project.
They use their design skills to sketch visual models, frame research insights and to produce workshop and presentation materials. Design Consultants are responsible for continuing to push the boundaries of how we can better share possible futures, big ideas, new business concepts and whole systems of change with our clients.
What will you be doing and with whom?
You will be a hands-on contributor to teams that include Strategic Designers, Directors and clients, collaborating on projects to:
- Contribute to strategic narratives and customer value propositions shared with Executive stakeholders
- Produce client material, from low to high fidelity as required (e.g. sketches, diagrams, PowerPoint slide decks, refined graphics and illustrations and polished, posters/ bound presentation material created in InDesign)
- Visually represent business processes, systems, and abstract concepts
- Design conceptual models and prototypes of new businesses and ideas as a core part of the ideas team
- Build tools and activities that aid ideation and strategic conversations with customers and Executives
- Conduct ethnographic research, distilling actionable insights
- Capture and synthesise conversations from workshops, trends and research, and client interviews
What will you be responsible for?
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- create impactful visual content that aids the development, discussion or presentation of project work (big ideas)
- create a visual language for presentation materials that is best suited to the needs of the client and the intent of the project
- ensure the quality and consistency of all branded documentation/products
- manage print production timelines, including setting content deadlines for project teams accordingly and managing relationship with printers when necessary
- balance your time and contribution across multiple projects
- pair on ethnographic and trends research, documenting, seeking fresh perspectives and distilling insights
What knowledge and capabilities will you draw on?
You will be well-suited for this position if you have:
- strong graphic design skills, focused on information and document design
- strong visual thinking skills, including aptitude for representing ideas through conceptual drawings or illustrations
- strength in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- flexibility to design in PowerPoint and Word as required
- good attention to detail, including typography, colour, image, and document set-up
- excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- capability and confidence to carry project inputs and outputs through from concept (early brief, sketches) to completion (highly polished print output)
- an understanding of iterative prototyping and constructive critique as an essential part of the design process
As a member of our community, it is essential that you be:
- keenly collaborative, eager to work with a multi-disciplinary team across a multitude of problem spaces
- excellent at holistic thinking, always relating the detail back to the whole
- empathetic, capable of putting yourself in both the shoes of the user and our clients
- deliberately optimistic and curious, holding the core belief that regardless of the situation, it can be better
What gives you bonus points?
- You have an ability to ‘see the bigger picture’ and are interested in the broader role that design has to play in tackling complex problems in business and society
- You have experience with or exposure to user research, either to better understand user’s problems or to test prototypes
- You are passionate about user-based design and are interested in tools such as customer experience maps, stakeholder diagrams, experience blueprints etc.
- You are interested in industry-related activities such as conferences, speaking engagements, publications or courses and keep your skills fresh
What qualifications and experiences will be relevant?
You will be well-suited for this position if you have:
- an undergraduate degree in Visual Communication, Industrial Design, Information Design, Digital Media or another equivalent degree
- industry experience in a similar role
- business experience and have completed a diploma (or similar) in design
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Ellie Doran is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.