Business Strategy Manager / Senior Manager – Product (Retail)
Why Accenture Strategy?
Join Accenture Strategy and help transform leading companies and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. With ever changing competitive landscapes we’re creating new opportunities for organizations; operating at the intersection of business, technology and operations. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future.
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists globally combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client's industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients' current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
As a Business Strategy Manager, you will apply business strategy development, value architecting and operating model design skills to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Managers are also expected to lead consulting engagements and project teams as well as play a key role in business development and practice building activities.
Your Role: Business Strategy Manager
There will never be a typical day at Accenture. The opportunities to make a difference for our clients’ most pressing business challenges are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
• Shape and lead strategic consulting engagements and project teams serving as a key interface and trusted advisor to our senior level clients
• Lead workstreams of work as part of strategic transformation programs and be responsible for rigorous data driven insights, to identify and validate value creation opportunities for our clients
• Work within project teams to ideate, develop and design compelling business strategies and transformation solutions
• Develop cohesive conclusions from detailed analysis and present innovative and action-oriented findings to our senior level clients
• Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team with a people-first mindset
• Elevate our brand and presence in the marketplace (e.g. conference participation, thought leadership, offering development, acquiring future talent)
Set Yourself Apart: Skills & Experience
• A strong understanding of industry operations, dynamics and trends through experience in on, Retail & Consumer Goods
• A high degree of expertise with strategy frameworks and strong quantitative and analytical skills to develop financial or operational models
• Knowledge of trends and technology concepts (e.g. Digital Customer and Commerce, Connected Platform, Digital Enterprise, Data-driven business models)
• First class written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
• Exceptional problem-solving ability - structural reasoning, sharp with numbers and creative thinking to solve complex client issues
• Demonstrated leadership attributes – comfort with complexity and ambiguity, globally connected and locally relevant, naturally collaborative, bold to change, to learn and stay relevant, non-negotiable standards of high performance
• Solid history of successful program management experience
• Lead roles in business development activities
• Proven track record in client relationship development and stakeholder management
• Proven ability to thrive in a work environment that is international, multi-cultural, competitive & challenging
• Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree
• 7+ years of consulting experience or relevant strategy background
Our Commitment to You
• Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
• You'll make a difference for some impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
• Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture's global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
• Fantastic team with collaborative spirit
• A diverse and inclusive environment where individual strengths, contributions and unique points of view are recognised and valued
• Access to leading-edge technology and global vendor footprint
• Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Lama Makkouk is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA IL - Chicago
Supply Chain & Operations – Manufacturing (Industry X.0) - Consultant
Business Strategy Manager - Energy Industry
Business Strategy Manager - Energy Industry
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.