Accenture Health & Public Service
Our Health & Public Services Group brings together people with first-class consultancy skills and specialist industry expertise. This group is dedicated to helping health organisations, government agencies and other public service organisations deliver better solutions for the people they serve. By leveraging your consulting, analytics, technology, operations and outsourcing skills, you’ll help clients design and implement strategies that improve the overall quality of services that are delivered to health and public sector clients
ROLE: Technical Support Specialist
We currently require a Technical Support Specialist in our health and government space, and while no day is the same, we have highlighted a few of the exciting responsibilities in this role.
· Solaris or Unix administration, and some shell scripting understanding
· Provide 3rd Level Service Desk (back-end) support for the Application. This includes responding in a timely manner to the incoming incidents/service requests (i.e. ensuring all SLAs are met).
· Undertake root cause analysis of issues raised via service desk requests.
· Occasionally help the Patch Team perform Development activities for Application related problems within the application (i.e. analyse, design, develop and test small scale fixes/enhancement according to requirements, creating the relevant documentation in the process). This must be done with focus on correcting known issues.
· Comply with internal support processes and procedures and advice on the enhancement of these if found to be lacking.
· Fulfil roster requirements as part of the Level 3 Support Team
· Independently plan and manage assigned tasks, reporting issues and status to the Team Lead.
· Provide Level 3 technical support for incidents/Service requests assigned to the Applications Team
· Perform detailed investigation / root cause analysis into service requests raised by the Service Desk on behalf of the users when required.
· Help the client and other teams within the project with Application related queries whenever required.
· Creation and Maintenance of Templates, Processes and Procedures used to carry out the day to day support activities within the project. Advice on the enhancement of these if found to be lacking.
· May occasionally need to help the Patch Team in the creation, analysis and design documents for application related problem fixes as part of a patch release.
· Perform build and test of these changes, complying with test documentation standards and procedures.
· Follow release management and programming standards.
· Plan/Managing Tasks, Accenture Reporting
· Maintain Weekly status reports
· Comply with Accenture reporting requirements (e.g. PWA, myT&E).
EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
· Ability to solve technical problems while striving to push the technical boundaries of applications
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to best practice guidelines
· Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in both internal and client facing role
· Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Computer Science
Must hold Australian citizenship and hold a relevant active Defence Security Clearance (NV1 preferred).
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Vera Goga is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.