The Procurement Plus Category Lead – Mobility and Supplier Relationship role will be required to:
- lead procurement and transformation activities in the ANZ Geographic Unit for the Mobility category. This will involve leading both global as well as local geographic procurement initiatives to implementation.
- lead implementation and ongoing compliance of a robust Supplier Relationship Management program across all of ANZ Procurement. This role will own and manage this program, working with on-shore category leads to ensure execution of vendor segmentation, performance management framework and metrics, and reporting. The program will seek to drive effective communication, innovation and value creation from our supply chain.
This role will liaise with all levels of stakeholders, other on-shore category leads, off-shore support teams, and will report to the ANZ Geographic Unit Procurement Lead.
The role will provide category insight, advice, and influence to category stakeholders (client). This will involve insightful category management, including the creation of potential transformation activity and/or process improvement to align with future aspirations for both global and ongoing Geographic Services category requirements.
This role will work with the ANZ Procurement Plus team, regional/global category leads, and relevant stakeholders to implement and manage transformation initiatives in line with business requirements.
This role will require agility to support and manage future requirements of the Mobility category along with execution and continuous improvement of the ANZ SRM model.
Strategic and Tactical Category Management
- Identification and implementation of a category profile, in-depth understanding of the category, category strategic planning, and category pipeline activity, aligned with Global Procurement transformation strategy and local stakeholder requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management and strong engagement across both Global and GU stakeholders and leadership to ensure that all objectives are being achieved.
- Interface with customers to kick-off any project planning, sourcing effort, including facilitating initial data gathering and scoping projects for delivery.
- Assess viability and prioritisation of projects and set customer expectations given Accenture's experience and current market conditions.
- Work as subject matter expert along with various Accenture teams to execute sourcing projects and category guidance.
- Present recommendations and strategy plans of the sourcing activity back to GU and Leadership for implementation.
- Accountability for delivery of category strategies, pipeline, and transformational sourcing activities.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Develop a Supplier Relationship Management program for ANZ that aligns with the Global 360 Value Chain framework.
- Lead and manage this program across categories, working with the Category Lead to ensure accurate identification of suppliers for the program, and subsequent implementation and monitoring of program success, reporting to the Procurement Lead and Geographic Services Lead.
- Develop key supplier performance metrics and associated tracking/monitoring systems using existing procurement systems.
- Manage ongoing supplier relationship management plans and review performance of key suppliers periodically and develop action plans for improvement.
- Liaise with legal and risk teams (both on and off shore), as well as Category Leads, to ensure probity across key vendor arrangements.
- Identify key factors of supplier risk and monitor suppliers to mitigate supply disruptions.
- Track overall compliance of suppliers and buyers to contract terms and develop action plans for improvements if required.
- Support category leads to measure performance versus contract terms and report back to key customer stakeholders.
Contracting and Implementation
- Manage ultimate contracting process for strategic suppliers, including price and terms negotiations (along with internal client team).
- Develop detailed implementation plans for new contracts, including project management of new supplier approvals if required.
- Implementation and ownership of global and local initiatives as they arise.
- Recommend improvements and drive growth across the category.
- Review operational results and identify opportunities for process changes to drive additional savings and improve overall results.
- Assist in maintenance of category databases and track relevant market trends.
- Support procurement operational projects based on regional or globally led initiatives.
- Ensure all mandatory documents are properly filed and maintained for audit readiness where appropriate.
- Support the ANZ Procurement Lead with general organization activities and participate in sourcing initiatives as requested.
- Work with GU Leadership and assigned account teams to obtain spend data, specific to category.
- Conduct interviews with buyers and key customer stakeholders to determine existing strategies, priorities, and constraints. Report and prioritise initiatives and deliverables.
- Tertiary education (Procurement or Project Management preferred)
- 5-10 years minimum of Procurement or Category Management experience in a Global Organisation.
- Flexibility to work across multiple procurement categories and to support cross-pollination of the full ANZ Procurement team.
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Strong category management and strategic sourcing skills
- Previous experience in leading and implementing transformation projects, preferably in Mobility (Air/Land Transport, Travel Services, Accommodation, Meetings & Events, Payment products and buying channels).
- Previous experience in implementing, leading, and/or monitoring an SRM program.
- Computer literacy (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – minimum level: Intermediate.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports (if required)
- Preferable would be experience in the professional services industry
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of the organisation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills and a proactive customer-focused approach with enthusiasm to create change through collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and to proactively prioritise work
- Self-starter who is both client service and outcome focused
- Team player whilst able to work autonomously to drive projects to completion
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and confidence
- Flexibility and agility
- Problem-solving / analytical skills
- Thorough / detailed approach to work
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
SAP Natural Resources Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA TX - Austin
Travel & Expenses Accounting New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 2 days ago
USA PA - Philadelphia
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.