At Fjord, Design Leadership drives impact and innovation at all levels. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Design Director, you’ll be a leader in the design practice and deliver at the studio level. You’ll be responsible for driving business development and growing the studio, overseeing projects and quality of work, and growing a team of amazing designers.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a practice on a global scale.
As a Design Director, you:
· Represent Fjord as part of the Canberra studio leadership with a focus on government and health organisations
· Driving integration and collaboration with broader Accenture Digital team, and working together on end to end client engagements and deals
· Originate and support business development opportunities with account teams and clients
· Lead tender responses and/or provides input into responses from a best practice service design and human-centred design perspectives
· Grow our portfolio of great work in the government and health sectors
· Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders while advocating service design
· Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends fluently and convincingly
· Manage and lead the studio's Design team, maintain motivation and morale, addressing team performance, and growth.
· Mentor and guide the team to grow their abilities as professionals and Fjordians
· Be a thought leader in customer experience and design space
· Connect with the global Fjord network of designers and thought leaders to share and learn from others
· Oversee project or accounts to ensure project success
· Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord
· Be a stewart of craft and quality output across the studio, ensuring bold and generous outcomes
· Present at conferences as a Fjord ambassador
Working together, we will:
· Design integrated ecosystems of innovative products and services
· Explore, evolve and implement new ways for teams to collaborate with each other
· Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of designers in the studio
Set yourself apart:
· Mastery in multiple areas of expertise including Customer Experience, Service Design and Business Design, Design Research, Product Creation and Visual Design.
· Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
· Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
· Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity, pragmatism, professionalism, and efficiency.
· 15+ years of relevant industry experience; demonstrated extensive experience leading a multidisciplinary design practice with high performing team members.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams, clients, and users to push beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around bringing out the strengths in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership team.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.