Job Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
Regional Description: Australia
Job Number: 00662017 00662017_en
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behaviour and compliance with laws and company policies.
We require a legal counsel to review, draft and negotiate a large number of client transactions of various levels of complexity within a corporate environment and advise company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions.
This is a hands-on transactional role within ANZ Transaction Contracting, part of the Accenture Legal Group, supporting deals within Accenture’s Australia and New Zealand business across a broad range of industries, service types, technologies and offerings.
You are expected to be a steward for Accenture’s business and people, and an exemplar of Accenture’s core values.
• Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior contracting professionals.
• Stay abreast of contracting developments affecting the company, its clients and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s contracting practices
• Educate company executives in regard to contracting and risk management issues
• Represent the company’s interests and interface directly with client negotiating teams. Lead contractual negotiations, and support a portfolio, of deals across different industries and types of offering
• Strategize with company executives prior to client negotiations
• Structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective
• Advise company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity including prepare and provide briefings to legal and business approvers and other stakeholders where applicable
• Manage the escalation process for key legal and commercial risks
• Develop internal guidelines, toolkits and packaged knowledge on various contracting and business issues
• Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Contracting and/or our business
• Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Regional Lead, Transaction Contracting, or (where applicable) may report to Senior Manager, Transaction Contracting.
Client Executives and negotiating teams.
Law degree required from a recognised university.
• Minimum of 4-5 years post-qualifying experience
• Admitted to legal practice in Australia
• Previous experience in a law firm or in an appropriate fast-paced corporate legal group for an IT services vendor would be of assistance in performing this role
• Experience in technology and/or relevant commercial transactions that demonstrates a degree of transactional responsibility including transactional experience in consulting, systems integration and outsourcing
• Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
• Experience negotiating Intellectual Property issues
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Ability to independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence on a range of transactions
• Negotiation skills with an ability to lead contract negotiations and to deal directly with client counsel and negotiating teams or support senior lawyers to do so
• Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
• Understanding of Intellectual Property issues as they apply to consulting, systems integration and outsourcing transactions. Experience in digital, SaaS and cloud transactions would be a bonus
• Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
• Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards
• Responsive and follows through on commitments
• Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills and confidence in working and communicating with all levels of management
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate as part of a broader and diverse team
• Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office suite of products
Accenture is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.