Job Location: Sydney
Regional Description: Australia
Job Number: 00542337 00542337_en
Your career in Accenture Digital
Accenture Big Data Engineer Consultant/Manager, Australia.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD?
Are you curious about how digital is changing the world?
Join us to lead the digital revolution
Do you want to help the world's leading brands and governments do more for the people they serve through the power of digital? We can help you do it by broadening and deepening the skills you need to succeed in a fast-moving digital environment. Using your digital talents, you will be ready to challenge the status quo and develop new digital strategies, implement digital technologies and run digital processes on behalf of clients.
At Accenture Digital, you will be part of a passionate team leading the way in the fastest paced industry there is. Our entrepreneurial nature allows you to work in a “start-up” culture while enjoying the benefits and opportunities of a global business. Your opportunities to learn and grow are almost limitless, with a range of career options across Mobility, Interactive and Analytics working with diverse teams from Accenture Strategy, Technology, Operations and Consulting.
Big Data Solution and data engineering professionals use Big Data methodologies, solutions, platforms and tools to help organizations optimize their business performance by ingesting, processing, and managing big volumes of fast multi structured data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data.
You are an experienced Big Data Engineer with exceptional communication skills.
Strong project delivery and implementation experience in large scale batch and streaming data ingestion, distributed processing, and build of Enterprise Data Lakes.
Strong experience in metadata driven data ingestion, Big data metadata management, governance and implementing data security controls
As a Big Data Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including:
Professional Skill Requirements
• 10+ years of strong hands-on administrative and development experience in Java, XML, Web Services
• 10+ years of strong scripting experience in Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, R, Scala, Bash and Linux
• 5+ years of proven experience in designing high volume and fast big data solutions that have been successfully implemented into a production environment, both batch and stream processing using frameworks like Apache Nifi/Beam/Flink
• At least 4 years implementation experience on enterprise grade information management platforms including Big Data domain, including:
o Enterprise Data Warehouse / Data Lake architectures
o Extract, Transformation, Load processes and tools
o Data modelling techniques
o Data load frameworks
o Master data and metadata experience
• 5+ years of proven experience in Cloudera/Hortonworks distributions and application programming (MapReduce, Pig, Cascading, Hive, Impala, Storm, Spark etc.)
• Experience in graph/visualization tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, D3)
• Experience in data science practices and their corresponding activities on Cloudera/Hadoop cluster
• Experience in designing solutions for cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and on NoSQL platforms (like Hbase/MongoDB/Cassandra etc)
• Deep experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics
• Experience with large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
• Extensive delivery experience leveraging multiple delivery locations (onshore + nearshore/offshore)
• Experience working in Agile projects with involvement in MVP definition, sprint planning, back-log grooming ad resolving blockers on technical solutions
• Solution architecture development
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science/IT
• Australian citizenship / PR preferable
Australian Citizenship and baseline clearance for Canberra and Sydney is preferred due to project requirements.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 449,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at