The US Tax Senior Manager will work on post-acquisition tax planning and structuring strategies, as well as support post-acquisition tax compliance, associated with Accenture’s US Ventures and Acquisitions (“V&A”). In addition to assisting with V&A integrations, the US Tax Senior Manager will perform technical tax research to assist with general tax planning, stay up to date on tax developments and legislation, provide support and review positions taken on US income tax returns and quarterly and year-end tax estimates and interface with the Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting groups to ensure accurate and timely federal income tax compliance and reporting.
- V&A integration:
- Assist with structuring tax efficient post-acquisition integration plans for V&A targets, and work with Legal, Controllership, and other tax stakeholders to implement.
- Determine and document the proper tax treatment of post-acquisition integration steps.
- Support the tax reporting of V&A activity through review of tax provisions, tax estimates, pre- and post-acquisition tax returns and other tax forms.
- Coordinate with V&A Tax, target entity finance and Controllership to support post-acquisition integration, acquisition-related escrows, audits and other target tax matters.
- Tax research and planning:
- Assist with the project management and execution of transformational tax planning projects.
- Proactively monitor tax legislation and developments and analyze potential impacts.
- Research, quantify, document and support tax positions taken with respect to tax planning efforts and new tax legislation, including through coordination with external advisors.
- US tax compliance and controversy:
- Interface with the Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting groups to ensure tax planning positions are reported accurately.
- Support the preparation and review of various tax calculations and US returns and forms applicable to the domestic and international activity of Accenture’s US entities.
- Collaborate with Tax Controversy team and assist with providing responses to requests from tax authorities.