The Client Tax Tools Manager is responsible for Global Tax Estimator Tools and internal websites and communication channels. In managing the tools you will be the key interface with tax teams, internal technology teams and pricing tools managers to ensure our global tax tools are accurate and up to date, which is critical for the
integrity of estimated tax costs on client engagements. This includes but is not limited to understanding and creating tax calculations in both the cloud along with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, management of day-to-day interactions between the tax software and other Accenture forecasting solutions. You will manage and work directly with client leadership teams and senior leadership in corporate functions (Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure accuracy in Accenture deal team forecasts.
· Direct and oversee all phases of tax tools and tools directly involved and integrated with the tax tools. Direct all phases of tax tools including design, development, testing, and deployment.
· Direct and oversee internal websites and communication channels
· Assist Accenture in reaching its goals through accurate tax pricing and mitigation of margin erosion due to incorrect tax and strategic tax planning.
Develop Key Relationships:
· Work collaboratively with other Tax team members, pricing teams, and technology teams to ensure ongoing build and accuracy of tools.
· Build relationships with solution architects and pricing teams and advise on tax calculations and related matters associated to the tools and/or deal.
· Work collaboratively with other Accenture teams such as Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury, and Internal Procurement.
Demonstrate Thought Leadership:
· Work with Country/Market Unit Tax Leads and outside advisors to research the implications of tax laws and changes to tax regulations and advise Accenture on tax related issues. Ensure global tax rates are kept updated.
· Remain up to date on current tax laws and practices and communicate any changes that may impact a deal to Accenture project leadership teams.
· Identify and work on the build of enhancements to the tools and related computations, internal website updates, and related communications.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accenture Global Tax Cost Estimation tools including the management of withholding tax rates, indirect tax rates, and country specific calculations.
· Coordinate the interactions between the Accenture Tax Cost Estimation tools and other Accenture pricing applications.
· Manage all applicable information (legal entity/country, individual/employment, and transaction taxes and immigration issues) for accuracy in Accenture Global Tax Cost Estimate tools
· Coordinate with Country/Market Unit Tax Leads globally for input from a local tax perspective, to effectively manage global withholding tax, indirect tax, and other tax rates as needed.
· Manage the new Tax Cost Estimator tool as the existing tools transition to the cloud.
· Leverage communications skills to work with technology teams and related deal pricing teams through Accenture to ensure the tax tools are both accurate and operating efficiently.
· Oversee the internal tax website and communication channels relating to any changes in law or any changes impacting the tools and potential tax cost impacts.
· Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with leadership and project teams.
· Review and validate compliance with internal Accenture tax policies and procedures.
· Manage day to day global tax tools and tax technology related applications.
· Manage strategic tax projects, including projects with other parts of the Tax group as necessary.
· Oversee SARBOX controls related to transaction tax rates.