Automotive & Mobility Research Specialist
Descripción De La Posición
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, data science, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought-provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
- Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge research to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: you will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
In Automotive & Mobility, Accenture Research actively supports the development of Thought Leadership and Research, in the following areas:
- This opening is for the role of an Automotive & Mobility Industry Research Specialist, supporting the global needs of Accenture’s Automotive & Mobility leadership
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Automotive & Mobility Industry Research Lead covering topics including industry trends, services supply/demand/prices, the transition towards circularity as well as the business-critical transition towards digitization both for Automotive OEMs and Rail & Transit Operators. He/she will support thought leadership projects, client projects, regular research products, market intelligence and primary research activity.
A sound knowledge of both the Automotive and the Rail & Transit industry is required. However, the willingness to broaden and deepen the industry knowledge to develop real expertise in Automotive and Rail & Transit is critically important.
You will be expected to become intimate with industry structure, global markets and products; key supply chains; the industry players; the critical metrics for evaluating company performance; the cost drivers; and the incredible technologies that will revolutionize them.
- Experience in analyzing the Automotive and the Rail & Transit industry
- Track record in research and data analytics
- Ability to run own research projects from situation and complication identification, over hypotheses development, up to research design, analyses, and stakeholder management
- Strong analytical skills - can identify errors and make sense out of data
- An understanding of financial reports, accounting and valuation
- A basic understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting Automotive and Rail & Transit markets
- Able to write in a clear, concise and compelling way
- Ability to present research findings to team and Accenture executives
- Experience in packaging, synthesizing and presenting research deliverables
- Working experience in a team of research professionals, using research tools and methodologies and providing research output on a regular basis
- Ability to synthesize and deliver outputs on time, to specifications, and with original insights
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills and first experience with statistical software (e.g. R, Stata, Python, SPSS); knowledge of visualization tools e.g. PowerBI is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn more
- Ability to work with people and complex multi-country research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
- Passion for Automotive and everything that has to do with the industry
- Experience in teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately and effectively
Reports to: Automotive & Mobility Thought Leadership Senior Principal
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, engineering, or science. A post-graduate degree/qualification in business such as MBA, economics or equivalent is a plus
Language: Excellent written and verbal English
- 4+ years of business experience, ideally within a business facing research department or management / strategy consultancy or equivalent skills/experience
- Demonstrated experience of writing reports, quantitative/financial analysis and presentations for delivery to internal and external audience a plus
- Global/large private corporation or institution involved in Automotive and Rail & Transit business; Research Consultancy, Research role at Management Consultancy or Management Consulting experience with track record in Thought Leadership focused on Automotive and Rail & Transit-related topics
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Preferred start date: Immediate