Descripción De La Posición
Accenture Research is a global, award-winning team providing insights and analysis to Accenture and its clients throughout the world. Joining Accenture Research translates into continual opportunities to expand on what you can do. Our researchers come together with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds to create talented teams of problem-solvers. We hope you’ll want to join us!
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through market research and business intelligence for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic modeling, AI, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two primary areas:
- Developing positioning papers and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: We work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
About the role
This role is as an Economist in our Economic Research and Data Science Global Team. The ideal candidate has strong interest on macroeconomics, industrial organization and the labor market although understanding the connections with other microeconomic research fields is essential. We are looking for candidates with a passion for modeling and insight discovery and communication to help solve the world’s most complex problems at the intersection of business, technology and society. We offer a career aligned to our priority of creating innovation and impact, managing complex data driven research projects, with multinational and multidisciplinary teams. We provide opportunities for coaching, supervision and mentoring, as well as responsibilities to manage dedicated research budgets and relationships with external partners. Our projects cover topics related to sustainability, the future of work, business resiliency, technology transformation and have included collaborations with the World Economic Forum, Harvard and MIT, leading regional and multinational industry associations (eg. Hannover Messe), ecosystem partners (eg. Microsoft) and NGOs (Girls who code, Opportunity@Work).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead macroeconomic projects. Design and execute groundbreaking and differentiated economic research at the intersection of business and technology
- Work with business research teams to scope quantitative research design proposals.
- Innovate in the way research outputs are communicated, ie. interactive viz-tools.
- Grow capabilities of the Economic Research, eg. foster innovation and build macroeconomic research assets that differentiate Accenture Research in the market, organize learning activities, create cross-pollination opportunities
- Represent Accenture Research in client-facing situations, for instance in proposals and live/virtual presentations.
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
- Track record in managing complex (macro) economic research projects using econometric modeling and data science.
- Subject matter expertise in themes such as technology, industrial organization and labor markets
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
- Excellent understanding of economic modeling tools (eg. Stata, R, Python) and techniques (cross-section and time-series econometrics, experimental design)
- Understanding of NLP methods applied to economic studies would be a plus
- A track record of external presence in conferences (publishing in economic or business journals would also be a plus.)
- Excellent English.
- Intellectual curiosity. Data fan.
- Strong interest in Technology and Business analytics and research
- Proven ability to manage people and research projects
- Strong people developer - experience in supervising and coaching economists & data scientists
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Problem solver approach to work
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity, resilience to stress against stretch goals and deadlines
- Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence) and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
- Enthusiasm to work effectively - independently, collaboratively, and virtually - in a global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone team
Reports to: Head of Economic and Data Science Research
Qualifications: Masters/ PhD or equivalent in Economics
- Manager or similar
- 7+ years of relevant economic research and data science experience (incl. coding in R or Python)
- Global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research government agency
Location: Buenos Aires
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
What to expect
Accenture is a company of around half a million employees in 53 countries and your first weeks will be spent getting to know the organization. As you become more familiar with the organization you can expect to start work on one or more projects. There is no typical day or project at Accenture Research but you might start by working on an analysis of one of our clients or potential clients or get involved in developing practical industry growth models, for example of the food industry in Asia, working with a specialist in this area.
Over time you will find a varied project load develops and that you will be working on between two and four projects at any given time, of different durations and scope. You’ll build a good working relationship with the other researchers worldwide. The team operates mainly on a virtual basis.
In terms of career development there will be tremendous scope to expand and build on this role. A dynamic, proactive researcher will find many opportunities to learn and grow at Accenture.
The research team is genuinely a great place to work. There will be times when you work long and hard but we put life/work balance very high on our agenda.
Igualdad de oportunidades laborales
Todas las decisiones referidas al empleo se tomarán sin discriminar por edad, raza, credo, color, religión, sexo, nacionalidad, linaje, discapacidad, situación de excombatiente o veterano de guerra, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, información genética, estado civil, ciudadanía, ni ningún otro factor protegido por la legislación nacional, provincial o local.
Como parte del proceso de contratación no se obligará a los candidatos a divulgar registros penales cancelados o cerrados referidos a condenas judiciales o arrestos. Accenture tiene el compromiso de proporcionar oportunidades laborales a nuestros excombatientes, veteranas y veteranos de guerra.
Oportunidades Laborales relacionadas
USA CA - San Jose
Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Scientist
Research & Innovation
publicado hace 3 días
USA CA - San Francisco
Digital Experiences Research Associate Principal
Research & Innovation
publicado hace 4 días
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture Labs Engagement Manager
Research & Innovation
publicado hace 6 días
La vida en Accenture
Trabajá donde estés inspirado a explorar tus pasiones y donde tus talentos se nutran y cultiven. Innová con las tecnologías de vanguardia aplicadas a algunos de los proyectos más interesantes que te puedas imaginar.
Capacitación y desarrollo
Dedicá tiempo a capacitarte y aprender en todo momento, utilizando nuestros centros de aprendizaje regionales, nuestros connected classrooms, cursos online y learning boards.
Más información sobre Accenture
Nuestras más de 500.000 personas en más de 120 países, combinan una experiencia inigualable y habilidades especializadas en más de 40 industrias. Adoptamos el poder del cambio para crear valor y éxito compartido para nuestros clientes, personas, accionistas, socios y comunidades.