Lead, conduct, and oversee “corporate compliance” (“Code of Business Ethics” or “CoBE”) investigations arising out of alleged misconduct raised through Accenture’s various CoBE reporting channels. Reporting to Senior Corporate Investigator, manage notification, recording and reporting process related to investigations, and work with senior company leadership to assess and address significant legal risks associated with such reports and investigations. Manage and advise teams of investigative personnel assembled to address reported allegations.
· Actively conduct investigations of CoBE and personnel-related allegations of misconduct registered through Accenture’s various reporting channels
· Oversee and conduct legally privileged investigations, which includes: defining scope, reviewing documentation, developing investigative plan, notifying appropriate personnel, conducting interviews, compiling investigation status and reports, recommending and implementing proper remedial measures, concluding matters appropriately
· Provide legal advice to organizational leadership concerning risk and appropriate remedial measures related to CoBE allegations
· Manage teams of internal and external resources assembled to address and resolve allegations of misconduct or allegations of other improper processes/practices.
· Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support attorneys and other investigative personnel assembled to conduct CoBE-related investigations
· Draft and/or review legal analyses to address risks of CoBE-related misconduct
· Consult with and advise HR leadership concerning nature, risks, investigation and remediation of matters
· Work with regional Geographic Legal and HR Leads, Global leads of internal functions, and other Global leadership on investigations
· Stay abreast of legal developments affecting investigations, rights of reporting individuals, rights of accused, and compliance-related standards
· Promptly identify and escalate CoBE matters to Director of Corporate Investigations for handling
· Develop internal guidelines on CoBE-investigation related issues
Reports to: Senior Corporate Investigator
Supervises: Supervises investigation teams, outside counsel
External Relationships: Outside counsel
Education: Law degree required
· Preferred experience conducting and supervising investigations, including experience conducting Code of Ethics investigations
· Experience drafting confidential legal reports, and advising senior leadership on ethical conduct/compliance-related risks and personnel-related remedial action
· Litigation experience
· Experience addressing governmental investigations.
· Experience with employment law litigation
Work Requirements: Travel required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills, strategic business acumen, confidence and capability in addressing sensitive and complicated ethical conduct/compliance and personnel-related matters
- Experience and demonstrated capability in conducting and supervising investigations (including compliance-related investigations, employment investigations, and governmental investigations) and in drafting confidential reports and advising senior leadership on such risks
- In-depth knowledge of local ethical/conduct/compliance-related risks, employee rights and obligations, and related laws
- experience in litigation, government regulatory law, criminal law and labor law
- Team oriented, yet able to work independently
- Experienced to work in a multi-national and culturally diverse environment
- Ability to significantly influence senior executive management decisions; commands respect of executives
- Ability to present careful, balanced, objective, lawful and well-reasoned solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 2 days ago
Infor/Lawson Global HR Consultant (H&PS)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA CO - Denver
.net C# Developer
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.