As technology increasingly pervades our personal and professional lives, keeping on top of technology trends is a critical capability of an organization. Chief Information Officers (CIOs) have the task of identifying relevant technology trends before others do, and then adapting to those trends in an effective way.
Accenture Technology Vision 2012 is our annual perspective on the future of technology. This year, we identified six trends that will set the tone for the upcoming 12 months:
- Context-based services that are based on where you are and what you’re doing will drive the next wave of digital services.
- Converging data architectures mean that insurers must bridge the old and the new.
- Industrialized data services make it easier to share data, which makes it more valuable—but only if it’s managed strategically and efficiently.
- Social-driven IT isn’t just another marketing strategy; it’ll transform how we interact and do business.
- PaaS-enabled agility will shift the emphasis from cost cutting to business innovation.
- Orchestrated analytical security will help businesses deal with security breaches, data platforms and device management.
As IT becomes a business driver and enabler, CIOs must step up to the plate and lead the conversation about how and when to take action—starting now.
To learn more, download Accenture Technology Vision 2012 (pdf; opens in a new window).